Which size fox shocks for my lift?

Rodeo_jk

Hey guys ive got a 14 jk with an evo mfg leveling kit and my stock shocks are about at their limits, which length of the fox 2.0 series shocks do i need to replace them with?
Specs for my lift:
Evo 2 inch springs up front
Evo .75 inch spacer out back
59 series rear factory springs
Stock bumpstops
Stock brakelines with brackets unbolted.

I was looking at the 2.0 performance series, evolution series, or adventure series, which length do i need?
Thanks for your recommendations!

Evil

Fox part # 983-50-003

Fox Racing Shocks 2.0 Evolution Series Shocks for 1.5"-3.5" Lifts

You can get a set of 4 on e bay for 400 bucks. If you don't like the ride, re-valve them. Ive never had a Fox shock bolt on and be "perfect"

Evil

This is all I can find as far as size. Not like a CO that will be a 10, 12. 14 etc....

REAR:
Extended Length - 25.860"

Collapsed Length - 15.970"

Travel length - 9.890

FRONT:
Extended Length - 25.150"

Collapsed Length - 15.560"

Travel length - 9.590

CCTX50

What about the Fox performance reservoir with cd adjuster? I have been looking good at them. Being able to adjust them for ride quality would be nice.

Evil

Those are cool but a lot of money. If I were going that route I would just step up to a king 2.5 and have them valved 65/35 and be done with it. You'll tweak out on them and find the 2 settings that work best and probably never mess with them other than 8 clicks on road 2 clicks off road. Anything with a ressi is cool but how often do you hear of shock fade in a jeep!

qwasin

Anything with a ressi is cool but how often do you hear of shock fade in a jeep!

Remote reservoirs help keep the shock body as short as possible. The Fox 985-24-011 for instance is an 11.6" shock with a 16.7" collapsed length. You can actually run that shock with only 1.5" of bump stop. Compared to Fox's cheaper shocks that will have a 11.1" stroke and a 17.15" collapsed length.

OP, if your current stock bumpstop setup works for you, then you will need to stick with a shock that has a ~15" collapsed length so you don't bottom out your shock. You may need to add bump stop to run the Fox shocks intended for a 1.5-3.5" lift since they have a 15.5" collapsed length. But that's not a bad idea, especially if you intend to go with bigger tires in the figure.

Rodeo_jk

Remote reservoirs help keep the shock body as short as possible. The Fox 985-24-011 for instance is an 11.6" shock with a 16.7" collapsed length. You can actually run that shock with only 1.5" of bump stop. Compared to Fox's cheaper shocks that will have a 11.1" stroke and a 17.15" collapsed length.

OP, if your current stock bumpstop setup works for you, then you will need to stick with a shock that has a ~15" collapsed length so you don't bottom out your shock. You may need to add bump stop to run the Fox shocks intended for a 1.5-3.5" lift since they have a 15.5" collapsed length. But that's not a bad idea, especially if you intend to go with bigger tires in the figure.

After all your input i think im actually gonna go for the 0-2" rancho rs9000xl. They are 14 inches collapsed and 21.75 extended plus i can tweak the ride in how i like it and stiffen up the rear when im towing. I don't wanna add anything to my bumpstops and i dont plan on going with bigger tires for quite awhile and if i do itll be 34s and flat fenders so i shouldnt need more bump anyhow.
Thanks for the info on shock lengths!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
21" is to short. You need the ranchos that are 27" extended. If you do a search on here the part numbers will come up

JK LYF

Front and rear Rancho numbers, in the 25 inch range (extended) are RS999330 and RS999329

331 and 332 are in the 27 inch range.....

but verify!

Last edited:

qwasin

After all your input i think im actually gonna go for the 0-2" rancho rs9000xl. They are 14 inches collapsed and 21.75 extended plus i can tweak the ride in how i like it and stiffen up the rear when im towing. I don't wanna add anything to my bumpstops and i dont plan on going with bigger tires for quite awhile and if i do itll be 34s and flat fenders so i shouldnt need more bump anyhow.
Thanks for the info on shock lengths!

You are really doing yourself a disservice going with a shock that short. I assume you're talking about the RS999326 which has a 14" collapsed, 21.8" extended, and measly 7.8" stroke.

You should really consider going with the RS999329. 15.6" collapsed, 25.2" extended, 9.6" stroke. These may even work with the stock bump stops, but if you do end up having to add a minor amount of bump stop (0.5-1" at most), it will be worth it for the extra 2" of travel. In the rear you would do the RS999330 with the same story, might work with stock bumps, if not you'd have to add 1" at most.

Or like another poster pointed out, add 1.5-2" of bump stop and do the 27" Ranchos. RS999331/RS999332. Front would be 16.6" collapsed, 27.3" extended, 10.7" stroke.

I think the best middle ground though would be the 329/330 combo.

Rodeo_jk

You are really doing yourself a disservice going with a shock that short. I assume you're talking about the RS999326 which has a 14" collapsed, 21.8" extended, and measly 7.8" stroke.

You should really consider going with the RS999329. 15.6" collapsed, 25.2" extended, 9.6" stroke. These may even work with the stock bump stops, but if you do end up having to add a minor amount of bump stop (0.5-1" at most), it will be worth it for the extra 2" of travel. In the rear you would do the RS999330 with the same story, might work with stock bumps, if not you'd have to add 1" at most.

Or like another poster pointed out, add 1.5-2" of bump stop and do the 27" Ranchos. RS999331/RS999332. Front would be 16.6" collapsed, 27.3" extended, 10.7" stroke.

I think the best middle ground though would be the 329/330 combo.

What about these bilstiens, they seem to be a good middle ground at a reasonable price

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/-p...qPI3CR-Y4o6XnxFpTRGf6J5hERnFurCo-xRoCvG_w_wcB

wackamole

Hey guys ive got a 14 jk with an evo mfg leveling kit and my stock shocks are about at their limits, which length of the fox 2.0 series shocks do i need to replace them with?
Specs for my lift:
Evo 2 inch springs up front
Evo .75 inch spacer out back
59 series rear factory springs
Stock bumpstops
Stock brakelines with brackets unbolted.

I was looking at the 2.0 performance series, evolution series, or adventure series, which length do i need?
Thanks for your recommendations!

This is exactly what I want to do to my 15 jku when I get home.. please let me know how it goes and how it performs.

Rodeo_jk

This is exactly what I want to do to my 15 jku when I get home.. please let me know how it goes and how it performs.

My lift is already on, it rides great, im really happy with it, but my shocks are about maxed out so i need longer ones

Top Bottom