Shock question, probably stupid, but rather ask.....

Finn Sizzle

I need to replace my shocks, took a hit on the back shocks on some rocks. I have the Metalcloak Gamechanger 3.5" lift that came with the OME shocks. I was looking at the Fox IFPs and see they have 2 sizes, which run from 1.5" - 3.5" and 4" to 6". So, my question is, do I go with the 1.5" to 3.5" model and if I do, do I run the risk of running out of travel length on the shock with my lift?

For example, here are the specs for the max 3.5" lift Front shock

Extended Length - 25.150"
Collapsed Length - 15.550"
Travel length - 9.600

Here is the specs for the max 6" lift Front shock

Extended Length - 28.250"
Collapsed Length - 17.150"
Travel length - 11.100

I would just think "Hey, it says it right in the description of the shock", however, I just do not want to max out at the shock. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeepfan30

I have used both of the Fox shocks that you mentioned with my EVO 3" coils. The 1.5-3.5 were too short, so I swapped them for the 4-6 ones. OEM Rubicon front shocks have 8' of travel just for reference, the 1-5-3.5 Fox's only provide 1.5 inches more travel.

The EVO coils are pretty long and just barely come unseated with the 4-6 version, I added front coil retainer clips to fix that.

I would go with the 4-6" version if I was you.

qwasin

How much bump stop do you have? You can run the 4-6" lift shock provided you have at least 2" of added bump stop.

Top Bottom