holidays, politics, religion (lets keep it civil)

StrizzyChris

Half of me doesn't want to post this video, as I do not like discussing politics or religion in a public forum. All to often the conversation becomes personal, uncivilized, and down right ugly. BUT I was shown this video by a friend and felt it demonstrated, in a very powerful way, how our country(or the "majority") communicates, tolerates and accepts others. I don't know what I am intending "to get out of it" by posting this link, but i thought others should be able to see and contemplate it this holiday season!

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2031028724001/merry-christmas-to-all-except-those-who-are-offended/

MTG

Caught the Bug
Did not have time to watch the whole video so I'll just say Merry Christmas to everyone! ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Oh where to begin..... Oh wait I don't want to offend anyone on this forum. So ill just join in by saying Merry Christmas everybody.

Please don't let this thread turn into a "Is there a God" thread. Eeeeeek.

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Really? That guy is saying we (in general) shouldn't offend and yet the atheist billboards are offensive. He contradicts himself! LMAO...

O well not up offend but Merry Christmas to everyone!

To boot how can you celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in Christ? It is at its base a Christian holiday. Why would an atheist want to have Christmas. Jehovah witness don't celebrate Christmas but they also don't slam it either. Ugh... Ok I'm done :)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Really? That guy is saying we (in general) shouldn't offend and yet the atheist billboards are offensive. He contradicts himself! LMAO...

O well not up offend but Merry Christmas to everyone!

To boot how can you celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in Christ? It is at its base a Christian holiday. Why would an atheist want to have Christmas. Jehovah witness don't celebrate Christmas but they also don't slam it either. Ugh... Ok I'm done :)

I like the gifts myself!

Happy holidays ;)

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I like the gifts myself!

Happy holidays ;)

Ha ha yeah the gifts are fun!

I just think we should all be tolerant. I have friends from All walks of life. I guess I'm just not one to be offended easily and I think many are too easily offended.

Happy Festivus!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ha ha yeah the gifts are fun!

I just think we should all be tolerant. I have friends from All walks of life. I guess I'm just not one to be offended easily and I think many are too easily offended.

Happy Festivus!

Festivus for the restivus!

(Seinfeld reference)

RGolie13

Merry Christmas everyone.

No need to be tolerant. We need to celebrate our differences and the fact that we are all Americans . "We'll those that live in the US."

Remember without differences there would be no meaning to the word beauty, or goodness.

Who here wants to all be stuck driving g a Fiat? Difference is good man I love my Jeep.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Doknocker said:
I guess I'm just not one to be offended easily and I think many are too easily offended.

Happy Festivus!

I'm offended by this statement. :cheesy:

When do the feats of strength begin?

MTG

Caught the Bug
UP N OVER said:
if your an atheist, why celebrate CHRISTmas....???

I'm offended that their offended.......

If you dont believe in the American Holidays, then by all means,dont let Freedoms door hit you on your way out...

America is the land of Many religious demoninations, all are celebrated,,,dont blame me, if you atheists dont believe in a being greater than yourselves...again,I'm offended
that your offended....

:cheesy:
Not sure why this was directed at me, but whatever.

Christmas is an "American Holiday" LOL! You're not serious are you?

Anyway...

Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Happy Holidays, and for the rest of us...there's Festivus!

There. Feel better? Did I forget anyone? If so, it is with deep remorse and a thousand apologies. :crazyeyes:

And a big bah humbug to the people who are actually offended. ;)

Last edited:

Skirmish

Without Christmas and Easter the only time most Christians would be seen in a church is weddings and church weddings are becoming rare. The Christians stole the holiday from the Pagans then the retailers stole the holiday from them, then Fox News stole it to start another war. It's all very sad if you think about it. I've seen video of the Black Friday battles and it ain't pretty. People are dying in this war.

More people put up a tree than a manger. Are we really celebrating the birth of Christ or just a giant shopping holiday? I honestly don't care either way and I'm certainly not offended. I do find it amusing that there could be considered a war on a holiday that is celebrated from the moment the Thanksgiving turkey is finished till New Years Day.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
UP N OVER said:
it wasn't, but if you insist,,, atheists, are the downfall of American traditions that have been around for many centuries,,,those of which myself & many others have fought to preserve in the military...

spend sometime reading the Constititution, and let me know where it says "Freedom from Religion",,,,,

First, thanks for your service.

Second, I didn't insist.

Third, it appeared to be directed at me because...oh I don't know...you quoted me?

Fourth, you have no idea the irony of you telling me to read the Constitution.

Rather than continue this mundane discussion, I'll just say I truly hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Skirmish

First, thanks for your service.

Second, I didn't insist.

Third, it appeared to be directed at me because...oh I don't know...you quoted me?

Fourth, you have no idea the irony of you telling me to read the Constitution.

Rather than continue this mundane discussion, I'll just say I truly hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks, you've not only ruined Xmas for me you ruined 'Merica. (Insert funny smiley thing here since I'm on my phone and can't find them)

StrizzyChris

There's always someone that has to bring politics into something good,,,, Some folks just can't leave well enough alone, but must drive that wedge in....obviously, you were the one that needed to hit every button in the elevator even though you were getting off on the second floor....

Again, I respect EVERYONE'S right to an opinion and freedom's that this amazing country, it's citizens, and our military personnel who make our country and world a better place. I was hoping for a civil discussion where people feel their views could be expressed, accepted as their own and without attack!

In that theme, I would say to my fellow Christians Merry Christmas, to my brothers that are atheist happy Thanksgiving happy new year and holiday season, to the Jewish men and women happy hanukkah, the people of African heritage i hope you have a happy Kwanzaa! It doesn't matter what you are to me, as long as you love and respect your neighbor for who they are and what they contribute to this great country of ours!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Again, I respect EVERYONE'S right to an opinion and freedom's that this amazing country, it's citizens, and our military personnel who make our country and world a better place. I was hoping for a civil discussion where people feel their views could be expressed, accepted as their own and without attack!

In that theme, I would say to my fellow Christians Merry Christmas, to my brothers that are atheist happy Thanksgiving happy new year and holiday season, to the Jewish men and women happy hanukkah, the people of African heritage i hope you have a happy Kwanzaa! It doesn't matter what you are to me, as long as you love and respect your neighbor for who they are and what they contribute to this great country of ours!

Well said my friend.... Well said.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thanks, you've not only ruined Xmas for me you ruined 'Merica. (Insert funny smiley thing here since I'm on my phone and can't find them)

I got a two-fer with one post?! Must be my lucky day! :cheesy:

I think your Xmas was ruined when your jeep blew up. :idontknow:

Last edited:

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Merry F'kn Xmas, Happy kwazanaka, and felis navitaco, that said hope yall all get drunker and fatter this secular holiday and the invisble man in the sky throws some good fortune,bacon wrapped cookies,and wild turkey honey your way.:D

Top Bottom