stability control comes on around turns way too often

hawklee

I just lifted my 2012 jku about 4 weeks ago, 3.5 added 35's and added a front stabilizer...and going from factory to the lift took a bit of getting used to. I had adjusted the steering and had an alignment done and it rode pretty well except hitting bumps or uneven pavement. I admit i was a little nervous, especially passing on the highways and hitting bumps or sharp turns on country roads.

I had noticed that my rear sway bar was not level, as the new sway links in the rear were too short. I had read that could make the Jeep wobble or feel loose so i decided to get the JKS adjustable rear links and installed them so the rear is now level.

Im not 100% if that fixed the sway or wobble or how loose it felt, but it seems better or i could just just be getting used to how it handles and am more confident driving it..anyways, now (after installing longer rear sway bar links) the traction control comes on when going around bends and turns on paved back roads and country roads.

SO...has anyone else experienced this? Am i just driving or taking the turn too fast? (its not faster than i would have taken the turn before my lift).
It just seems to be coming on alot more often and has me worried.

Thx
Hawklee

WarriorJeep

Hawkeye

I had to reprogram after I lifted my 2015 JKU to solve just that problem. Pick up a procal from aev or whatever your fav programmer is, should sort it out. With one caveat...

I initially used a programmer other than the procal, and ended up having to visit the dealership to fix what it did. So ask around before you use some other kind. I know the procal does NOT fiddle with the actual firmware others do

Josh27

Hawkeye

I had to reprogram after I lifted my 2015 JKU to solve just that problem. Pick up a procal from aev or whatever your fav programmer is, should sort it out. With one caveat...

I initially used a programmer other than the procal, and ended up having to visit the dealership to fix what it did. So ask around before you use some other kind. I know the procal does NOT fiddle with the actual firmware others do

Although this may be the best option, I experienced my traction control coming on around curves at the recommended speed where normally you can go 10 mph faster in any car without a problem. What I did was splice a switch into the traction control wire under the center console to be able to truly turn it off. Doing this turns off everything including abs. with everything turned off it drives much better in these situations. By installing the switch you can turn off the traction control anytime and then turn it back on after you turn the engine off. I forget what wire it was but there is a thread somewhere on here about it. Certainly a cheaper option than getting a programer anyway.

filterbiz

I had the same issue and it ended up being that my steering wheel was not dead nutz perfect.
once I fixed that it was gone.

hope you get it figured out.

hawklee

been mia for a bit, but finally figured it out...i changed out my lower control arms.

reviews on my kit said i didnt need to swap the arms (optional)...plus i couldn't budge the nuts and bolts to remove the stock....anyways, took to a local shop, Down & Dirty Offroad in Reading PA, they took on look saw that the axle angle was off and knew right away i needed the slightly longer arm bars. Best $50 I've spent to get them swapped out.

Rides great now!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
been mia for a bit, but finally figured it out...i changed out my lower control arms.

reviews on my kit said i didnt need to swap the arms (optional)...plus i couldn't budge the nuts and bolts to remove the stock....anyways, took to a local shop, Down & Dirty Offroad in Reading PA, they took on look saw that the axle angle was off and knew right away i needed the slightly longer arm bars. Best $50 I've spent to get them swapped out.

Rides great now!

Different arm bars? Did they go Rhonda rousey on you?

What exactly did they replace for $50? I can guarantee it wasn't new control arms.

hawklee

Different arm bars? Did they go Rhonda rousey on you?

What exactly did they replace for $50? I can guarantee it wasn't new control arms.

no, new ones came with my kit, but i couldnt get old ones off and from some of the reviews i had read, the new ones weren't necessary...in my case they were, so they just swapped them out...funny but they had trouble getting the stock ones off as well

Top Bottom