Cyl 6 Misfire. P0306. 2015 and 2016

sandfrog

Hello Y'all
I have a 2016 that has had a P0306 since day one. The light comes on around 4500 rpm. It blinks and goes away. Sometimes it will blink and then go solid. The motor sounds fine during all of this. It really doesn't feel like a miss to me. I have seen a few posts out there that describe something similar. This seems like an erroneous code. So far the coil, plug and injector have been swapped with cyl 1 and the problem stayed with 6. The cam/crank relearn has been performed and the adaptive numerator has been relearned. Compression and leak down have all been checked and are well within acceptable range. Has anyone out there had this and your dealer has some info that perhaps I don't? Seems like a software issue. At least that is what I am hoping for. I really don't feel like having a new vehicle with a motor swap before 2k miles.

Any info is appreciated.

WJCO

Meme King
Hello Y'all
I have a 2016 that has had a P0306 since day one. The light comes on around 4500 rpm. It blinks and goes away. Sometimes it will blink and then go solid. The motor sounds fine during all of this. It really doesn't feel like a miss to me. I have seen a few posts out there that describe something similar. This seems like an erroneous code. So far the coil, plug and injector have been swapped with cyl 1 and the problem stayed with 6. The cam/crank relearn has been performed and the adaptive numerator has been relearned. Compression and leak down have all been checked and are well within acceptable range. Has anyone out there had this and your dealer has some info that perhaps I don't? Seems like a software issue. At least that is what I am hoping for. I really don't feel like having a new vehicle with a motor swap before 2k miles.

Any info is appreciated.

Does the vehicle sit for long periods of time? I'm thinking maybe valves are sticking in that cylinder from varnish. I would run a fuel cleaner and decarb anyway. My next guess would be you have an intermittent short or open in your primary ignition or injector circuit, like a wire loose or rubbing on something.

sandfrog

Thanks WJCO. Only 4500 rpm would rule out the wire etc. On the valve sticking it is a 2016 that started this at 300 miles. I just ran on a long highway trip. 600+ miles. Valves are clean for sure.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks WJCO. Only 4500 rpm would rule out the wire etc. On the valve sticking it is a 2016 that started this at 300 miles. I just ran on a long highway trip. 600+ miles. Valves are clean for sure.

Strange for sure.

crowrb29

Had this same code on my 2013. It was a cylinder 6 misfire. They had to replace the head. I figured they'd have that bug worked out by now.

sandfrog

I'm hoping so. Engineers from FCA are working on something and are supposed to release a fix. I just don't want to replace the motor. Not my idea of a mod I want. Unless they'll spring for a Hemi swap.

ADee1

First time post here, thanks for allowing me to join! I just took title to a 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock. I waited hoping the head problem was history, reading this is disturbing. :grayno:

WJCO

Meme King
First time post here, thanks for allowing me to join! I just took title to a 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock. I waited hoping the head problem was history, reading this is disturbing. :grayno:

Welcome to WAL.

sandfrog

Hello ADee.

Mine is a Hard Rock also. I really don't think it is a head issue. No ticking and it really doesn't feel like a misfire. I could be wrong but my belief is this is something else.

JJK

My 2014 had the same thing happen at around 6,000 miles. Engine light came on while we were on a long road trip. No ticking, no loss of power, nothing. Dealer said drive it in. They replaced the head like it was no big deal to them. No problems after 6,000 more miles.

Now that I think about it, we had about a 30 mph head wind for most of that last leg and I was defenently pushing 4500 rpms at times.

sandfrog

Hello JKk. Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm just in holding pattern now waiting on Chrysler to make a decision.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Mine is misfiring right now too. It's showing PO132 and PO300 changed my 02 sensor but still shows 02 sensor and it's still misfiring anyone know what's wrong?

Top Bottom