2015 driver side ticking noise

filterbiz

so my 15 jk was making a tick tick tick tick from the driver side all the time.
in fact if it sat for a week and I fired it up it would misfire terribly out of the exhaust for about 10 seconds and clear up.

but the tick was terrible and when you were in a drive through it was embarrassing.

took it in and they replaced all the lifters, its quieter but I still hear a tick from drivers side only.
anyone have issues?

cj

RageKage

Does the tick go away or get quieter after a while? I.e. After the engine has warmed up... Could be a cracked exhaust manifold. They make an annoying tick sound on initial start up then once the metal heats and expands it almost goes away but still noticeable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does the tick go away or get quieter after a while? I.e. After the engine has warmed up... Could be a cracked exhaust manifold. They make an annoying tick sound on initial start up then once the metal heats and expands it almost goes away but still noticeable.

That's more a problem with the 3.8L motor. The 3.6L no longer has a separate exhaust manifold.

To the OP, I have a similar tick but only when it's really cold out and only for about a minute until the engine warms. As asked, does your tick ever go away?

filterbiz

thanks for the replys
to the comment on the 3.8 jeep actually bought my 2011 back after 9 driver side exhaust manifolds! hahaha

so on the 2015 issue its all the time hot or cold. now that I think about it I think it goes away with oil pressure/rpm?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the replys
to the comment on the 3.8 jeep actually bought my 2011 back after 9 driver side exhaust manifolds! hahaha

so on the 2015 issue its all the time hot or cold. now that I think about it I think it goes away with oil pressure/rpm?

Well, have you checked to make sure you have enough oil?

Top Bottom