Soft top questions

Hey guys! On my jeep I have a soft top with the stock half doors and windows.
Just over time the top is now becoming grey and worn down. So I was curious what I should do to try and "restore it" or at least bring so life back or should I just save for a new replacement one?

Also, the windows on my half door windows which are stock have like "stains" on the plastic from mud and dirt, etc. can I clean that off with any cleaner anything you recommend? Or what can I do to restore those as well? Or again just buy new ones.

Thanks Everyone!

JK LYF

I've tried many products. Watched videos, tried buffing the plastic. You name it and I've probably tried it. The best product I found was the Bestop cleaner that catahoula mentioned. As for the plastic windows, they still look like shit. There comes a time when the top has to be replaced and I've about hit that mark!

I've tried many products. Watched videos, tried buffing the plastic. You name it and I've probably tried it. The best product I found was the Bestop cleaner that catahoula mentioned. As for the plastic windows, they still look like shit. There comes a time when the top has to be replaced and I've about hit that mark!

I think I've about reached my limit too! It's almost hard to see out off and it makes reversing hard, and the half door upper windows are expensive so I have to start making room in the budget! Thanks for the advice on the top!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

All of this^^ the Windows will hit a point of no return from scratches and fade. The top and be restored and cleaned up really well with the bestop cleaner. I have been using it on mine now for about a year and have been very please. Just put it on about once a month when you wash you jeep.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
While looking into headliner options for the hardtop cuz I was curious, I saw that the hothead company is now offering better quality replacement windows in clear or tint that is much better than anything on the market window wise since its a thicker plastic and comes in different tints that you may want as well. I didnt see anything for half door windows, and not sure if they could be done with the more ridgid window material, but would be something to look into.

When I had my halfs I wanted to get another set of front uppers since mine were scratched which I never really noticed till I went back to full doors and couldnt believe how bad they really were.

While looking into headliner options for the hardtop cuz I was curious, I saw that the hothead company is now offering better quality replacement windows in clear or tint that is much better than anything on the market window wise since its a thicker plastic and comes in different tints that you may want as well. I didnt see anything for half door windows, and not sure if they could be done with the more ridgid window material, but would be something to look into.

When I had my halfs I wanted to get another set of front uppers since mine were scratched which I never really noticed till I went back to full doors and couldnt believe how bad they really were.

I rode in a buddy's jeep that had brand new soft top and damn there was a HUGE difference so I'm looking to do anything I can to get back to that!

I'll take a look at that company Forsure to see what I can find! Thanks for the advice! I almost just want to say screw it and buy some full doors and just have the half a for trails! Going soft top and half doors was the best choice I made when it comes to my jeep but I wish they were better!

All of this^^ the Windows will hit a point of no return from scratches and fade. The top and be restored and cleaned up really well with the bestop cleaner. I have been using it on mine now for about a year and have been very please. Just put it on about once a month when you wash you jeep.

Alright! I'll take a look into that best top! Do you think it'll bring back some life into my top even it being 8 years old now?

Top Bottom