Abs/break Line Location

Torqt JK

So after getting both my front abs lines replaced by the dealership last week, I noticed that on the passenger side only, they zip tied the lines to a small rubber bracket attached to my lower shock mount.

Wondering if I should remove it, attach somewhere else, if I should be worried about ripping it at full droop? Here's some picks:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449037023.505482.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449037054.106645.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449037074.426412.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449037094.696762.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Having it zip tied to such a low point does seem like that line is just asking for trouble. High chance of ripping it apart.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I personally wouldn't worry about it as long as the zip tie is loose around the abs and brake line. Jnabird did something similar to my brake lines when we did my coilovers. Let me see if I can find a pic for you

Torqt JK

I personally wouldn't worry about it as long as the zip tie is loose around the abs and brake line. Jnabird did something similar to my brake lines when we did my coilovers. Let me see if I can find a pic for you

Ok, I think the zip tie is pretty tight tho

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

What you can do then is just reziptie it but loosely so the line can move but this set up will keep it away from the shock

Here is a pic of how mine is set up for the brake lines. This is in the rear but the front is the same way ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449069121.915252.jpg .

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's the same exact piece that it's zip tied to. The thing I worry about is how low I is. You know what I mean

But I guess there is no other place to attach. Unless I just leave it free

Yea I understand. I think as long as you loosen up the zip tie you will be fine. It will keep it out of the way for daily driving and help keep it away at full droop. Just loosen the tie so it has room to move. Leaving it free shouldn't be an issue either but I like having this as insurance

WJCO

Meme King
Yea I understand. I think as long as you loosen up the zip tie you will be fine. It will keep it out of the way for daily driving and help keep it away at full droop. Just loosen the tie so it has room to move. Leaving it free shouldn't be an issue either but I like having this as insurance

How do you loosen up a zip tie? Lol.

toxicwaste29

If you find something pointy you can jab it into the zip tie coupler and lift it off the tie so it can just be loosened. It's faster though just go cut it off and grab another

WJCO

Meme King
If you find something pointy you can jab it into the zip tie coupler and lift it off the tie so it can just be loosened. It's faster though just go cut it off and grab another

I was actually not aware of that. :doh: Good to know for future though. I was giving Cozdude a hard time. Didn't actually realize they COULD be loosened.

Top Bottom