Fuel Filter

cuongdyna

Does the 2012 jk have a fuel filter? If so does any know where it is located.

Thanks

Last edited:

FLKEYSJK

I thought there were 2 in the gas tank and that they aren't supposed to be replaced unless the need arises. Not 100% sure so I may be wrong

JeepDrum

It may be in the tank, not really sure. However, I believe in those manuals stores have that let you look up the codes for oil filters, air filters, etc it always says the fuel filter isn't serviceable.

Kalums

If I'm not mistaken (pls correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe Jeep Wranglers haven't had a "fuel filter" since the TJs all I am aware of is a sponge like large particulate media "filter" inside the tank on the pickup side of the fuel pump... Non serviceable.

Edit: oh don't add one either the pump can't handle the added "back pressure".... Meaning the fuel rail on you fuel injection won't get the needed pressure.

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The filter is in the tank on the bottom of the pump, the only time it will get replaced is when the pump goes bad. This is the standard on all late model vehicles. Mid 2000s+. They do this to prevent debris from entering the fuel pump. An in-line filter only filters the fuel after it has already passed through the the pump. Although they do put a "sock" on the bottom of the pump when there's an inline filter, but it's just a screen that blocks large debris.

Top Bottom