Evo 1.5" leveling kit

NotAllWhoWander

I am hoping to get 35 inch tires for my jeep. My goal is to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. Additionally, I am new to this and I would like to keep installation as simple as possible. For these reasons, the EVO leveling kit really appeals to me. I have been researching this kit and have seen conflicting information. The EVO description says it fits 33" tires. However, I was reading the installation instructions posted on the Quadratec site and at the end of the instructions there is a picture of a JK with the kit, stock fenders, and 35" tires.

So I have a few questions. First, will 35" tires fit with this kit? Additionally, is anything else needed to make them work for off roading (flat fenders, bump stop extenders, etc.)? Will 35x12.5 tires fit the stock rims? If so, what size wheel spacer would I need?

In case it helps for answering, my jeep is a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, automatic. I plan to keep the stock front and rear bumpers, but will add a winch and stinger up front and tire carrier (probably AEV) and full size spare in rear. So there will be some added weight.

I have already learned a lot here and appreciate any input you may have for me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am hoping to get 35 inch tires for my jeep. My goal is to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. Additionally, I am new to this and I would like to keep installation as simple as possible. For these reasons, the EVO leveling kit really appeals to me. I have been researching this kit and have seen conflicting information. The EVO description says it fits 33" tires. However, I was reading the installation instructions posted on the Quadratec site and at the end of the instructions there is a picture of a JK with the kit, stock fenders, and 35" tires.

So I have a few questions. First, will 35" tires fit with this kit? Additionally, is anything else needed to make them work for off roading (flat fenders, bump stop extenders, etc.)? Will 35x12.5 tires fit the stock rims? If so, what size wheel spacer would I need?

In case it helps for answering, my jeep is a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, automatic. I plan to keep the stock front and rear bumpers, but will add a winch and stinger up front and tire carrier (probably AEV) and full size spare in rear. So there will be some added weight.

I have already learned a lot here and appreciate any input you may have for me.

Yes 35's will fit. You will need flat fenders (cut your for free). You shouldn't need longer extensions. Yes a 35 will fit on the stock rim.

As for addition things outside of the kit you will need 1.5" spacers, I suggest spidertrax, to be able to run the 35 on the stock rim. Also if you plan to wheel your jeep you will need longer front swaybar links like the jks quick disconnects

mds22

Evo 1.5" leveling kit

Yes 35" will fit no problem with flat flares. I'm running it now.
Like mentioned I get some longer front swaybar links. Since you have a rubicon, no need for disconnects. I went with the EVO adjustable links mine sit about 8" long.
You can keep your factory shocks no problem, but your down travel will be limited to about 2". If you don't want to buy new shocks, I recommend buy synergy front shock relocation(extension) brackets. They move the mount up 2". Most other shock extensions add 3" which means you'll need to add bumpstops. And your driveshaft my contact your exhaust (mine did, not sure if that's normal)

I just had my tires mounted, I'll post pics later today

EDIT:
Also, your stock tire carrier will support your 35" tire. Mine have very strong contact with my bumps and no rattle. But my tire is only about 65lbs on a stock rim. If you get a toyo or Trailgrapplers (77lbs) on beadlocks I would not recommend the stock carrier.

Last edited:

JT2012Jk

I have the set up your talking about. Just installed it two weeks. I did the kit, new fox shocks, and JKS quick disconnects that extend out 2.5 inches

Top Bottom