Show off your color matched trimmed fenders

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
My wife has a red rock crystal jeep with color matched fenders. I would like to trim them but my friends and wife included think that it won't look good at all and only the black fender flares look decent. Please post some pics of your jeep with color matched flares that are cut so I can determine what is the best route. Thanks. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449321907.967971.jpg

Painted fenders look as good as the black ones when trimmed. Just use some wet sandpaper to smooth out the edges when done. just my :twocents:

werks

+1, I think it looks bad arse! Makes me wish that I had gone the painted fender route my self!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Here are mine. I am digging the color matched!

That looks sharp! I've been thinking about trying to find a set of Anvil flares for my JK to go for a similar look, and painting the Evo rocker armor and corner guards anvil but leave the Evo rock sliders, tire carrier, and top black.

Do you find that the painted Evo rocker armor gets chipped/worn from road debris or foot traffic from getting into/out of your Jeep?

daverawr

It looks cool, but keep in mind while on the trails, if you get them messed up its harder to replace / repaint than the black ones

Tree Frog

I did my cuts a little weirder than most as I wanted to save my side marker. It will have to go if I ever go to 37s as I think it will hit. Works fine with 35's though.
On that place on the rear fender, where rocks just pummel the leading edge, I used bed liner and it has held up great. Even with the kid climbing in and out once in a while.
The Rubi mud Terrains hold onto rocks and then throw them out with great force at about 30 MPH. Note that the KM2's do not hold rocks much at all.
I keep a hoof pick in my recovery bag to clean out rocks with.

20150814_142132 jpeged.jpg

20150814_142237 jpeged.jpg

14 Aug 2015 PSed.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the input guys. Did some wheeling last weekend and we rubbed the fenders a few times. That made my case for trimming that much stronger. Here's some pics. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450047368.434651.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450047385.357188.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450047398.046597.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450047410.318898.jpg

Top Bottom