Evo suspension differences

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What are the differences between the long arms that come with the doudleD kit and the "extreme high clearance links" ?

There are no differences with the links but rather, with the mounts. The extreme high clearance kit comes with weld-in mounts that offer just that - extreme high clearnce.

RockIt Man

On a same note as the OP, I am currently running the EVO Enforcer kit with the overall goal or running double throw downs front and rear.

Question.
Can I upgrade this kit in stages? My plan was to upgrade to the long arm kit, then add the high clearance kit, and finally to the DTD. Is this plan possible?

Anybody doing something similar?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay. And with that said, what are the envy links ? The cool lookin silver ones ?

Yes. I believe they are made of billet aluminum. I've heard a few rumors that these are no longer available.

Anyone able to confirm or deny this?

This is correct. They were made of billet aluminum and are no longer offered.

On a same note as the OP, I am currently running the EVO Enforcer kit with the overall goal or running double throw downs front and rear.

Question.
Can I upgrade this kit in stages? My plan was to upgrade to the long arm kit, then add the high clearance kit, and finally to the DTD. Is this plan possible?

Anybody doing something similar?

The best way to do this is to get the EVO weld in kit and just get it with the single 12" coil overs and run this with short arms. When you can afford it, get the high clearance long arm kit. Then, when you can afford to finish it up, get add in the triple bypass shocks to complete the DTD. This way, you aren't having to replace anything and are always adding to what you've already done.

RockIt Man

wayoflife said:
The best way to do this is to get the EVO weld in kit and just get it with the single 12" coil overs and run this with short arms. When you can afford it, get the high clearance long arm kit. Then, when you can afford to finish it up, get add in the triple bypass shocks to complete the DTD. This way, you aren't having to replace anything and are always adding to what you've already done.

Thanks for the response Eddie. This is the route I originally planned on doing it. But just to confirm... You are saying to install like this:

Double throw down mounting brackets with just the coilovers.

Add the long arms

Add the high clearance brackets

Add the triple bypass

Can I also add air bumps? Or are these not necessary? ( I do plan on going hard and fast)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the response Eddie. This is the route I originally planned on doing it. But just to confirm... You are saying to install like this:

Double throw down mounting brackets with just the coilovers.

Add the long arms

Add the high clearance brackets

Add the triple bypass

Can I also add air bumps? Or are these not necessary? ( I do plan on going hard and fast)

If you're planning to run high clearance brackets eventually, I would just install them the first time around.

With the DTD, you don't need air bumps as you can set the third bypass to act as one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol okay okay I apologize I didn't mean only like that !

LOL!! You can probably run 14's but, you would also have run tall. I prefer to keep my ride down as low as I can and again, with the 12" coil overs, you can still get 14" of vertical travel up front. Of course, in the rear, you're only running 8" coil overs and getting 14" too :yup:

Top Bottom