$500 to spend on a bumper!!

Jmjnewbold

So I've got $500 to spend on a front bumper. I would like it to either have a stinger or option for one in the future. It's gotta have a winch mount and gotta house my fog lights. So what do you guys suggest??

Skid_Kid

So I've got $500 to spend on a front bumper. I would like it to either have a stinger or option for one in the future. It's gotta have a winch mount and gotta house my fog lights. So what do you guys suggest??

Can I ask why fog lights are so important?

Jmjnewbold

Since my jeep came with them I'd like to use them. Or At least an upgraded auxiliary light. I figure since the switch is integrated into the turn signal I can't use anything other than the factory fog lights or upgrades like the JW Speaker LEDs.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Since my jeep came with them I'd like to use them. Or At least an upgraded auxiliary light. I figure since the switch is integrated into the turn signal I can't use anything other than the factory fog lights or upgrades like the JW Speaker LEDs.

Not true at all. It's pretty easy to use the factory fog switch to trigger a relay that then sends power to Rigid led's or just about any other light.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449374562.417442.jpg
I wired these LED fog lights into my stock harness, mounted them to my EVO Mfg 1/4 pounder.

my_jk

If you want to keep your fog lights I would recommend the Rugged Ridge bumper. I have been running if for 3 years now it is well built in my opinion and under $500.

IMG_6435.jpg

8C9A7371.jpg

Here is the Rugged Ridge bumper installed on my JK

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
For as heavy duty, high quality, and good looking the evo quarter pounder bumper is, it's surprisingly affordable without the stinger, hell even with the stinger its still under $700. If you don't get the stinger on it now you have the option to add it later since it bolts onto the front and top of the bumper.

Jmjnewbold

The EVO and the crawler concepts requires frame modifications, or at least the crash bar. I know it doesn't necessarily void my warranty, but hacking into my jeeps frame is a little scary! I don't own a sawzall, just hand tools.

The mottobuilt is more than $500, right?

When looking at a bumper what features are important?

Is there a min thickness the steel should be?

How can I know if a bumper isn't made in the USA?

Some bumpers come bare, is that better or worse than ones that come painted/powder coated?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The EVO and the crawler concepts requires frame modifications, or at least the crash bar. I know it doesn't necessarily void my warranty, but hacking into my jeeps frame is a little scary! I don't own a sawzall, just hand tools.

The mottobuilt is more than $500, right?

When looking at a bumper what features are important?

Is there a min thickness the steel should be?

How can I know if a bumper isn't made in the USA?

Some bumpers come bare, is that better or worse than ones that come painted/powder coated?

Only the Crawler Conceptz "Skinny series" require any sort of cutting. The EVO quarter pounder requires you to cut off the air Damn mount and is pretty much useless.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So, you don't have to cut anything?

For the Crawler Conceptz "Ultimate" and "Ultra" series no you don't. The EVO one yes, but you are cutting off a useless piece of metal that is only there to mount the stock plastic air damn too.

Jmjnewbold

I talked to a buddy locally and he suggested that I look for a bumper that is wider than the grille so obstacles don't destroy it. For those with narrower bumpers like the EVO and some others, are obstacles really gonna get up there? It's hard to believe for me.

That looks clean! Did you paint it or have it done?

I primed and painted it. Was $550 to my door. I realize you said $500, but its close. Buy what you want the first time. Dont do it twice like i did.

Attachments

• 1449428546737.jpg
    1449428546737.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 280
Top Bottom