Passenger airbag?

1BAMF'nJKU

Can you see the outline of your passenger side airbag on the exterior surface of your dash board? Is his something to be concerned about or is it normal? Thx

1BAMF'nJKU

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449423093.703097.jpg
I was in an accident when I first bought the jeep and I just noticed it the other day and thought I'd ask. Just concerned that's all!! Very well could just be how they are manufactured. The picture is a little hard to make out the raised edge in the line compared to seeing it in person but I'm sure you can make out what I'm referring to. Thanks

JeepFan

Hooked
I can see that line on my 2015 as well. Probably the perforation so the air bag deploy through the dash pad. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Rather than starting a new thread, I'll post here.

So we're thinking about getting a 2nd Jeep, a JK. We would like to put our oldest child (5 years old) in the front seat for wheeling or driving to the trail in her normal car seat. Can the passenger air bag be turned off or is there a weight occupancy sensor that turns off the airbag when a child sits in the passenger seat?

Wethy

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll post here.

So we're thinking about getting a 2nd Jeep, a JK. We would like to put our oldest child (5 years old) in the front seat for wheeling or driving to the trail in her normal car seat. Can the passenger air bag be turned off or is there a weight occupancy sensor that turns off the airbag when a child sits in the passenger seat?

There is a weight sensor I believe. I've set potted plants and book bags and such in my front passenger seat and it has set the seatbelt light off before. As far as a way to turn it off I do not know unfortunately. Maybe someone else will know that though!

TonyViv

Back in 04 with my TJ I was able to get the NHTSA waiver to put in an airbag switch for the passenger side... It was allowed because the rear seat is removable I never ended up doing it, It wasn't important enough at the time nor do I remember the cost factor in getting the switch..
Reading the rules it seems like its ok to post this link
http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Air+Bags/Deactivation+FAQ

Hope that helps

Tony

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
That's good info to know...I was going to deactivate the passenger side air bag on my new build too...

Top Bottom