FCK Lightbars... anyone heard of these guys?

wackamole

Didn't see any posts mentioning these LEDs.. I was just perusing the interwebs and came across them. The prices and specs almost seem too good to be true.. so I'm just wondering if anyone has any gouge.. I figure if they do suck, at least you're not out a thousand bucks eh.

http://fcklightbars.com

jeeeep

Hooked
lol the name should be a clue, F_CK
As a general rule, i stay away from sites with little info and an email not within the domain, gmail address....
If it sounds too good to br true it is. I'd steer clear

wackamole

lol the name should be a clue, F_CK
As a general rule, i stay away from sites with little info and an email not within the domain, gmail address....
If it sounds too good to br true it is. I'd steer clear

Hahaha.. I know, right? Web design obviously isn't in their forte.. and yes, I would definitely be hesitant at best buying from them - especially with only a gmail and cell phone numbers. If they already have all these products, but aren't putting anything into having their site hosted with a web services company.. it doesn't look good from a customer standpoint. Maybe it's just some dude re-branding Chinese Rigid Ind lights in his garage. Who knows.

Last edited:

Clem319

Didn't see any posts mentioning these LEDs.. I was just perusing the interwebs and came across them. The prices and specs almost seem too good to be true.. so I'm just wondering if anyone has any gouge.. I figure if they do suck, at least you're not out a thousand bucks eh.

My 50 inch is a Fck Lightbar. Shipping for me was fast and I have had no issues with it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449501802.604562.jpg

hhunter050

Crystal clear. Had them for about 2 years. No water has gotten in which is a sign that they are a bit better than Chinese ebay light bars 1449553402330.jpg

hhunter050

Have you had any other lightbars that you can compare them to? How are the external electrical connectors faring with adverse weather/environment conditions?

I've debt with alot of the eBay bars on my friends jeeps and you really feel the difference. The light output seems to be higher and the connections seem to be good quality. You can get a harness but I just went with the posi/negative connections to do it myself

Maybe it's just some dude re-branding Chinese Rigid Ind lights in his garage. Who knows.

This is about 90-95% of LED lights you'll see flooding the market. Because we sell KC HiLites, we get emails daily from overseas firms peddling their wares in unsolicited spam, generic email blasts. They must search out current sellers and buy an email list.

Most of the time they use photos from each other's sites. Always funny to see Brand X use a photo from Brand Y and call it their's.

Now to be fair, private labeling isn't new to the industry and in many aspects isn't an issue. Usually in private labeling a few tweaks are made that actually produce a unique product. We private label for a few stateside company's simply because we either hold the patent or we have the capability. However, when you private label but say you have personally done "countless hours of testing" or have done "extensive R&D" that's when you step into the realm of deceptive advertising because you more than likely haven't. This isn't a comment on the light source you asked about in post 1 specifically, this is a comment on aftermarket lights as an industry on it's own.

Last edited:

A rule of thumb in marketing is do your research before you name your product. They obviously missed here. That alone tells me it's inferior quality without ever seeing the product( I haven't gone to the web site or seen pictures) or test the product. fCK........lightbar

Edit: I tried to find the picture I just saw that was a perfect example. It said"fuck'n sale" and it was posted as an add outside the store. In a country that English was not their first language......

Last edited:

hhunter050

Just out of curiosity but, what is it that you do to be sponsored by them?

They were looking on insta for some people to test out some products. I approached the offer and received some stuff to try, gave them feedback and received a code for 25% off anything.

AaronG83NM

I have a 50" like bar from them on my Jk bought it as a Christmas gift tony self last year. So far no problems with it and it has worked well. It did take a while for them to manufacture and ship out to me the wire was cut during shipping.

wackamole

They were looking on insta for some people to test out some products. I approached the offer and received some stuff to try, gave them feedback and received a code for 25% off anything.

Free stuff almost makes me want to get an instagram account. How's that hood light working for you.. any glare? I assume the hood would cut into its beam..

AaronG83NM said:
I have a 50" like bar from them on my Jk bought it as a Christmas gift tony self last year. So far no problems with it and it has worked well. It did take a while for them to manufacture and ship out to me the wire was cut during shipping.

Did you just pick it up on a whim? All things considering, you wouldn't be out much if it ended up being really poor quality.. but I'd still need to physically have a bar in hand for my own quality control check before buying, especially since they don't have the reputation of other companies in the industry.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

How exactly is that sponsorship? Sounds like a discount to me.

hhunter050

How exactly is that sponsorship? Sounds like a discount to me.

Yup because it is more of a discount but if I can get a discount out of trying out some free pods I'm all about it. Not all sponsorships consist of everything being free. I'm not repping them at all. No stickers or anything so all I could ask for if anything was the discount and they just gave it to me for the feedback.

Top Bottom