What diff cover fits on front with stock track arm

mds22

Anyone one knows if Dynatec diff covers will fit in the front and rear w/ stock set up?

Pastor Scott

American Rebel outlaw differential cover ??

American Rebel outlaw differential cover ?? Does this cover fit on front diff with stock front track bar

utiadam

LOSER
If you go with poison spyder you need to make sure they are the updated covers. The updated ones have probably been out a year now but just make sure you aren't buying old inventory. The original covers will not fit stock height jeeps especially Rubicons. It was a note that came with the covers.

Harleydav91

Diff Covers

Poison Spyder tells me that their new version will still not clear the tie rod on stock Rubicons.
Riddler says their's will not clear the trackbar bolt on stock Rubicons.
Solid says that their's won't clear on stock Rubicon's, must remove 1 fin...
Ruffstuff claims to fit fine.
Terraflex - Heard it is ok, not confirmed.
American Rebel - Same.
This is what I have found so far for my '14 Rubicon 2 Dr.
I gave up for now, will finish checking the last 2 soon.
Still have the stock steering stabilizer in stock location(under the front diff) with no dents yet.
I know past performance does not garantee future performance, so I will be armoring the diffs, and flipping the stabilizer.

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Poison Spyder tells me that their new version will still not clear the tie rod on stock Rubicons.
Riddler says their's will not clear the trackbar bolt on stock Rubicons.
Solid says that their's won't clear on stock Rubicon's, must remove 1 fin...
Ruffstuff claims to fit fine.
Terraflex - Heard it is ok, not confirmed.
American Rebel - Same.
This is what I have found so far for my '14 Rubicon 2 Dr.
I gave up for now, will finish checking the last 2 soon.
Still have the stock steering stabilizer in stock location(under the front diff) with no dents yet.
I know past performance does not garantee future performance, so I will be armoring the diffs, and flipping the stabilizer.

Here's the first line of the description from poison spyders website.

NEWLY RE-DESIGNED to accommodate ALL applications including STOCK Jeep Wrangler JK's and TJ's without suspension modifications!

I can vouch for these as I have em installed front and rear on a stock 15 rubicon with no contact issues.

speed3d

Here's the first line of the description from poison spyders website.

NEWLY RE-DESIGNED to accommodate ALL applications including STOCK Jeep Wrangler JK's and TJ's without suspension modifications!

I can vouch for these as I have em installed front and rear on a stock 15 rubicon with no contact issues.

I'll back you up on that as I've done the same.

Harleydav91

This is the reply I just received from Poison Spyder, and on which I based my statement.
Ken,

Our diff cover does clear the track bar under normal use. The only time it would come into contact would be under full compression of the suspension. If you are planning on wheeling pretty aggressively while still at stock height. It may make contact. I hope this information was helpful. If you have any additional questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank You.

Rick Hartwick

IMPORTANT FITMENT INFORMATION: On Jeep JK Rubicons with the stock front track bar (and all JK's with the stock rear track bar), the Dana 44 Bombshell may make contact with the track bar at full compression of the suspension. For this reason, the Dana 44 Bombshell is NOT recommended for use on the front Dana 44 of a Jeep JK Rubicon with the stock track bar, or on any Jeep JK with the stock rear track bar.

Harleydav91

This second quote that I posted is on the same website page that was quoted above as showing that they fit....Obviously a contradiction, which is why I contacted them directly.
The email reply says that they DON'T recommend them for this fitment.

Top Bottom