Airing down

I am running 35's on standard rims, how low an air pressure do people recommend I go to safely without risking popping a bead?

seanb123

Depending on the terrain determines how much you should go down. I've got all the way to 8 without issue. I'd play it safe around 15psi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am running 35's on standard rims, how low an air pressure do people recommend I go to safely without risking popping a bead?

Based on your location, is it safe to assume you'll mostly be playing on sand? If so, you should be okay at about 10 psi and that'll give you a nice footprint to have some fun on.

BLK HULK

It really depends on the tires your using. A stock jeep tire, I wouldn't go more then 15psi, a 12.5" mud tire, I would take it as low as 10psi.

croge17

I run 8 in the rear and 10-12 in the front mostly slow speed east coast tight trails through the woods. Higher speed stuff I would go 12 in the raer and 15 in the front.

RjSkippy

15 psi works for me on the east coast. Was a little nervous putting a tire that low for the first time off road it but after wheeling it at 15 I wouldn't hesitate to go lower either.

Petthefish

I am running the Stock rims and Stock BFG Mud Ter and I aid down to 15 most of the time. Never gone below that

Top Bottom