Metalcloak arms with evo bolt on coilovers

MKJK

I am sure this has been talked about but I couldn't find a thread about it.

Just wondering if anyone has done this combination and what the pros and cons are or would be.

I am planning or sitting right around 4"-4.5" which is what I am at right now (37's but 40's in the near future), would there be any advantages going to the evo long arm over metalcloaks ?

Thanks Guys

I have the EVO pre enforcer pro coilover on my two door and I am running factory arms with 37"s with no problems. So unless dead set on new arms I would run on factory arms for now. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449536988.013530.jpg

MKJK

Nice jeep!

I recently was in an accident (of my own) and bent my lower control arm as well as bracket.

Regardless to say I will be needing new brackets and arms.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Lower front or rear control arms ? Why would it be worth it ? Thanks
The Currie Johnny Joints that are installed at both ends of the Evo arms are much better IMO. No binding or wearing of bushings. Super beefy arms. And you can adjust them without disconnecting the arm from the controls arm mount.

JKRicky

I personally have the EVO front lower CA's and have seen the MC CA's. I don't have any personal experience with MC arms but can say the EVO arms are much beefier and are well built. Like mentioned, EVO arms have Johnny Joints on both ends and are adjustable while mounted.

As mentioned you can get away with just front lowers (if you have a 4dr) with all others stock which is where I'm at also. But I can't imagine the stock bushings lasting a long time with the amount of articulation the coilovers will allow.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I don't have metal cloak arms but a coworker has the game changer 3.5" lift with metal cloaks rocksport long travel shocks, granted flex is determined by bumpstops and shocks, my evo enforcer lift had more travel than the metal cloaks. my front shocks are .9" inches longer but my rear shocks are 3.05" shorter, however I am running the Evo rockstar skids which raise the rear lower shock mounts. My jeep has 2 inches more flex than his does on an RTI ramp. Point being the stock control arms do not limit your flex and work the way they are supposed to. I will say that the metal cloak arms look nice and appear well built, the joints are relatively new and I have not heard about them blowing out but they are nothing special in terms of flex, I would personally go with a proven joint like a Johnny joint. I also had more flex than a jeep with the game changer 3.5" and the six pack shocks.

MKJK

I would go EVO front lowers and synergy for the rest they also have the Johnny joints

Doesn't synergy run a johnny joint on one end and dual durometer bushing on the other end ?
This wouldn't be as good as the dual ends as johnny joints would it ?

I can see the evo arms seem to out way the metalcloak arms, I live in Canada so with the exchange rate they are 2,000$ more then the metalcloak, still worth it at that rate ?

Doesn't synergy run a johnny joint on one end and dual durometer bushing on the other end ?
This wouldn't be as good as the dual ends as johnny joints would it ?

I can see the evo arms seem to out way the metalcloak arms, I live in Canada so with the exchange rate they are 2,000$ more then the metalcloak, still worth it at that rate ?

Hard to say I know there are EVO coilovers that run the mc arms with no problems so to save $2,000 I think I would go with them or road trip to the US

Top Bottom