Evo sliders versus Evo boat side

Gnmaniatis

Just as the title reads, I'm looking for input why I should get one over the other. I know a lot of people that run the Evo sliders, and they seem pretty indestructible. But I do like the look of the boat side sliders. Someone had told me that the boat side may be weaker and can cause the body to "crumple" because they are bolt on ( that's why I have decided against the poison Spyder).If anyone here is running the Evo boat side, what do you think? Pics would be awesome as well since it seems there are very little out there.
Thanks!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
If any JK has proven the strength of the Evo Mfg boat side bombers its Mel Wade's EVOlander. Multiple JKXs, preran for JKXs AND the Baja 1000, and lots lots more. Mel has posted on his Instagram page a few times the condition of the boat side bombers on EvoLander and they look to be holding up perfectly. I'm not sure if they are long arm suspension compatible though so if you're planning on long arms in the future that might be a factor. Maybe someone else can verify if that is the case or not.

Last edited:

ChaosNein

You will not see any photos or personal experiences of the EVO MFG BoatSide Sliders as they have not been released yet. The only set is on EVOLander and there is no set release date.

BLK HULK

I am not running EVO boat side, but My buddies Horse N buggie ones. He put on some boat side rails for me. They're tapped in through the frame and not the body, like the factory side rail holes. I have hit mine a few times sliding down rocks, and hard a few other times coming down on them. Very minimal damage was done to them.
I haven't seen anyone else that uses this style before.

Sorry they are so dirty.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You will not see any photos or personal experiences of the EVO MFG BoatSide Sliders as they have not been released yet. The only set is on EVOLander and there is no set release date.

I didn't know that. Thanks for posting. I saw them on the ORE website for $749.99 when I bought some other things from you guys and just figured they were already released.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am not running EVO boat side, but My buddies Horse N buggie ones. He put on some boat side rails for me. They're tapped in through the frame and not the body, like the factory side rail holes. I have hit mine a few times sliding down rocks, and hard a few other times coming down on them. Very minimal damage was done to them.
I haven't seen anyone else that uses this style before.

Sorry they are so dirty.

If they are frame mounted they are not boat sides. Totally irreverent.

Gnmaniatis

Did not know that they were not available yet. Is there any idea when they will be released? I assumed they were since I saw them on the website:

http://www.offroadevolution.com/sto...rs&PHPSESSID=36350179594c23c123f70aee598a9141

Also, would you recommend one over the other for certain wheeling?

Thanks again for the quick response.

Mtb275

Reviving an older thread.

What has the lower step Height- Evo Low step Sliders or EVO Boatsides?

I ask because i have a newer set of Crawler Concept boat sides on my 08 and like them. I can buy skins to put on my 08 and put the boatsides on my new jeep. Since my wife is 5'2" she wants the lowest possible step. And if the Evo low steps are lower, I will go that route.

Top Bottom