Windrock park TN

Rodeo_jk

Going down to visit a buddy in knoxville this weekend and were going to camp and wheel a bit at windrock. Any trails on the easy/mild side that youd recommend checking out? Looking to see some awesome scenery. I dont mind a little challenge but we have some less capable rigs in the group and i have to make it home in one peice. Any input is much appreciated!

thardy

Banned
Going down to visit a buddy in knoxville this weekend and were going to camp and wheel a bit at windrock. Any trails on the easy/mild side that youd recommend checking out? Looking to see some awesome scenery. I dont mind a little challenge but we have some less capable rigs in the group and i have to make it home in one peice. Any input is much appreciated!

If you're up for a nice ALL day ride, we took a great route from the store to the flats. Started at 9:30am and hit blacktop just before 8pm. Let me know and I'll put the trail list together for you.

Rodeo_jk

If you're up for a nice ALL day ride, we took a great route from the store to the flats. Started at 9:30am and hit blacktop just before 8pm. Let me know and I'll put the trail list together for you.

Id love to do that! Are the trails on the easier side though? I have a buddy in a lifted compass with us lol so ground clearance is a bit of an issue but as long as a stock tj can handle them we can just ditch the compass and put him in another rig.

thardy

Banned
Id love to do that! Are the trails on the easier side though? I have a buddy in a lifted compass with us lol so ground clearance is a bit of an issue but as long as a stock tj can handle them we can just ditch the compass and put him in another rig.

He'll be fine. There's bypasses for the obstacles. The only issue would be the water. We had a few that came to the rock rails on a stock Rubicon. Might want to have a to strap just in case he high sides.

Starting at the general store, trail 2 to G1 to 50 to 53 to G55 to 61 to 62 to 66, arrive at The Flats. Leaving, we went 66 to 62 to G54 to G60 and out on the top side. Rode the blacktop back to the camp.

Like I said, this trip took ALL day. With it getting dark earlier, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start around 7:00 am to ensure you get to the top and it's still daylight.

Feel free to take a look at the pictures in the below thread from our ride. Frogmech, bonedaddy, Gui, epetry, MattMC, and myself were all on the ride I just discussed.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=29714

Rodeo_jk

He'll be fine. There's bypasses for the obstacles. The only issue would be the water. We had a few that came to the rock rails on a stock Rubicon. Might want to have a to strap just in case he high sides.

Starting at the general store, trail 2 to G1 to 50 to 53 to G55 to 61 to 62 to 66, arrive at The Flats. Leaving, we went 66 to 62 to G54 to G60 and out on the top side. Rode the blacktop back to the camp.

Like I said, this trip took ALL day. With it getting dark earlier, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start around 7:00 am to ensure you get to the top and it's still daylight.

Feel free to take a look at the pictures in the below thread from our ride. Frogmech, bonedaddy, Gui, epetry, MattMC, and myself were all on the ride I just discussed.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=29714

Looks awesome!

MattMc

How was the trip? Anyone have any problems?

I don't recall which trail, but it was towards the end of the day, I had a little bit of trouble hopping over a pipe or culvert that was across the trail. I'd think that a compass might have had issues there.

bonedaddy

How was the trip? Anyone have any problems?

I don't recall which trail, but it was towards the end of the day, I had a little bit of trouble hopping over a pipe or culvert that was across the trail. I'd think that a compass might have had issues there.

Still have the mud on seats from that damn pipe ... [emoji13]

Top Bottom