Winter Protection

DoverJK

What are you guys with coil overs using to protect your truck with for the winter? Ive always used WD40 and sprayed down the underbody of the truck (NOT THE BRAKES). What else is good out there?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
What are you guys with coil overs using to protect your truck with for the winter? Ive always used WD40 and sprayed down the underbody of the truck (NOT THE BRAKES). What else is good out there?

We live in CA or Nevada

psmith

Fluid film here. It does wash away after awhile, I try to reapply every few months in the winter. The gallon cans are thicker and much cheaper on a per unit basis than the spray cans. This is going on the second Michigan winter.

Attachments

• IMG_20151209_175527737.jpg
    IMG_20151209_175527737.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 132

wcarlson40

Fluid film here. It does wash away after awhile, I try to reapply every few months in the winter. The gallon cans are thicker and much cheaper on a per unit basis than the spray cans. This is going on the second Michigan winter.

I fluid filmed mine late summer, but I think I may need to reapply. When you reapply, do you powerwash off the old first, or just apply over the top?

psmith

If it's basically clean then I'll just reapply. If it's coated with salt, slush and mud I'll try to rinse off then reapply once dry. No need to wash off the old stuff. The salt the use here is really hard on anything aluminum so try to keep everything wet with FF during the messy months.

Top Bottom