NEW 16" Chevy HHR Steel Wheels for our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Getting ready to install a Daystar lift on Renny, our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and decided to pick up a set of new 16" wheels so that we could run bigger and more aggressive mud terrain tires. Being that the selection of aluminum wheels wasn't much to our liking and that we weren't 100% sure any ol' 16" one would work, we decided to go with steel wheels. And, while there were a few out there that could work for cheap, like a set of Dodge Dart wheels, we wanted something with a bit more style. After doing some research, we found that a set of Chevy HHR wheels came in a 16" diameter, a 6.5" width and with a 5x110 bolt pattern, 65.1 bore and a 42mm offset. This offset of course is just 1mm more than a stock wheel and so it should be fine. For those of you who are interested, here's where I got mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191774275540?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Anyway, they just came in today :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449622934.283706.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449622943.083077.jpg

Lance628

Def interested to see what renny looks like with a lift and tires, it should make it looks pretty aggressive

JAGS

Hooked
those are gonna look sweet. So have you narrowed down the new mud terrain? Maybe a 32 x 16 mud grappler. ;):thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
32"?? LOL!! I wish :crazyeyes:

I the biggest we can go is about an advertised 30" tire. I the true size is more like 29". I have already ordered up a set from Discount Tire Direct and hope to get them in soon. :yup:

Lance628

NEW 16" Steel Wheels for Renny

I the biggest we can go is about an advertised 30" tire. I the true size is more like 29". I have already ordered up a set from Discount Tire Direct and hope to get them in soon. :yup:

But on renny 30s will probably look big honestly

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

Ive got some nice rubi take off bfgoodrich kms with your name on them lol. 500 miles

Wethy

So what tire did you go with?! Or is that a secret?

Wethy

LOL!! Sorry about that, I guess I did leave that bit of information out :crazyeyes:

This is what we have coming - Cooper Discoverer STT Pros :yup:

View attachment 176911

Damn that'll make Renny stand out! I've come to appreciate the renegades a bit more. I'll be honest was never a fan of how they looked in the beginning but Renny has made me come around a bit. You have done a great job with it!

JAGS

Hooked

Just trim till they fit. Lol. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LOL!! Sorry about that, I guess I did leave that bit of information out :crazyeyes:

View attachment 176911

Those will look great. [emoji106]

dcbjk

Caught the Bug

View attachment 176911

Eddie let me know how you like the STT pros :thumb:

I am planning on getting these tires later on in my build I had the old STT's on my truck and they did great got 40,000 out of em. :rock:

I really like the new tread pattern I just hope that they last as long as the old tread design

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The GM steel wheels are the best looking stock steel wheels you can get, almost look aftermarket. Be careful, they're thin, they're known to bend easily, but that's on a GM car with shorter sidewall tires. You'll love the STT Pro's :yup:

Top Bottom