Who's running an Icon lift?

ScoobyCarolanNC

Their system looks like the right combo of USA made quality, technology, & price point for me. I did some searching and I don't see any posts from people running them? No good or just unpopular? $1200 to be the guinea pig is a tough pill to swallow. I need new shocks & will be staying at 32-33" (Dana 30 front) so I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel and go too big or high budget (Evo). I did dig Rock Krawler's kits (from my hometown) but I can't weld a trackbar bracket so they're out.

Their system looks like the right combo of USA made quality, technology, & price point for me. I did some searching and I don't see any posts from people running them? No good or just unpopular? $1200 to be the guinea pig is a tough pill to swallow. I need new shocks & will be staying at 32-33" (Dana 30 front) so I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel and go too big or high budget (Evo). I did dig Rock Krawler's kits (from my hometown) but I can't weld a trackbar bracket so they're out.
What kind of budget are you working with?

Edit: you could always do an EVO leveling kit for quality AND budget

Last edited:

swampdog

I can't weld a trackbar bracket either, but put the RK kit on myself and am having the trackbar bracket welded on at a local shop. It's pennies compared to the cost of a lift.

WJCO

Meme King
I can't weld a trackbar bracket either, but put the RK kit on myself and am having the trackbar bracket welded on at a local shop. It's pennies compared to the cost of a lift.

I would suggest this too. If you're really set on a kit but are a taken away by the welding part, find a local shop to weld it or even a mobile welder to do it.

ScoobyCarolanNC

What kind of budget are you working with?

Edit: you could always do an EVO leveling kit for quality AND budget

About a grand. The Evo kit is just the springs & spacers. I've got 80K on my rig so she needs shocks. If I'm going in, I need to do it all in one shot.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I would suggest this too. If you're really set on a kit but are a taken away by the welding part, find a local shop to weld it or even a mobile welder to do it.

I'm trying to do it all myself on a weekend in the spring. This is the way I'd go if I don't really hear anything back on the Icon setup. I can bring it into 4 Wheel Parts in town. Just seems like dealing with a weld & paint seems like overkill for what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm also not sure if I could get away with doing the install myself, taking the trackbar off to drive to a quality welder and just have that done.

aldaman

I'm trying to do it all myself on a weekend in the spring. This is the way I'd go if I don't really hear anything back on the Icon setup. I can bring it into 4 Wheel Parts in town. Just seems like dealing with a weld & paint seems like overkill for what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm also not sure if I could get away with doing the install myself, taking the trackbar off to drive to a quality welder and just have that done.

With RK lift kit, the rear track bar bracket is first bolted on. That will be good enough for you to drive to a shop and have it welded. That's what I did when I installed that lift myself in the garage...Other options could be:
-Get a rear adjustable track bar so you won't need that bracket
-Get another brand track bar bracket that is a complete bolt on that comes with an added brace...

mds22

About a grand. The Evo kit is just the springs & spacers. I've got 80K on my rig so she needs shocks. If I'm going in, I need to do it all in one shot.

If your staying at that tire size why not do the Rancho leveling kit w/ shocks. The kit that comes with 9000s is like $450ish right now. That's basically buying the four shocks and getting the leveling kit for free. It's the same as the EVO kit springs upfront spacers in the rear. Add front sway bar links and you all in for 500-600

ncbmx64

If you're going to stay with 32-33" tires why not look at the terra flex kits they have good reviews and will most likely be in your price range. I had a 2.5" RK lift on my previous jeep it was a good kit my kit was complete bolt on not sure if they changed something though. I'm located in Raleigh as well I would give low range 4x4 in Wilmington a call and see what kind of price they would give you to install which ever kit you buy and maybe see what other lifts they might recommend or try super trucks in Raleigh they will prob be cheaper than 4 wheel parts. I spoke with low range 4x4 earlier this week about pricing and installing a evo coil over kit on my jeep I spoke with josh he was very helpful and they seem like a good shop that's more than likely where I'm taking mine to have my kit installed.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If your staying at 32" tires then why not just try to find some rubicon take offs for dirt cheap? Saves yourself a whole bunch of money and your get new shock and springs. Also you can fit 33's under your jeep with zero modifications.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you're going to stay with 32-33" tires why not look at the terra flex kits they have good reviews and will most likely be in your price range. I had a 2.5" RK lift on my previous jeep it was a good kit my kit was complete bolt on not sure if they changed something though. I'm located in Raleigh as well I would give low range 4x4 in Wilmington a call and see what kind of price they would give you to install which ever kit you buy and maybe see what other lifts they might recommend or try super trucks in Raleigh they will prob be cheaper than 4 wheel parts. I spoke with low range 4x4 earlier this week about pricing and installing a evo coil over kit on my jeep I spoke with josh he was very helpful and they seem like a good shop that's more than likely where I'm taking mine to have my kit installed.

Lol terrorflex and good reviews do not go together. The only thing they can do good is their budget boost without shocks and it really isn't hard to make some polyurethane pucks.

For installing the lift its pretty simple as well do it in your driveway with some buddies.

Im with everyone else. If cost is a factor, and you only want a 32-33 tire, just get a good level kit or budget boost and a new set of shocks.

ncbmx64

Lol terrorflex and good reviews do not go together. The only thing they can do good is their budget boost without shocks and it really isn't hard to make some polyurethane pucks.

For installing the lift its pretty simple as well do it in your driveway with some buddies.

Haha terror flex I was referring to their budget boost kit having good reviews. But just like you said that's not a hard thing to make a good puck.

WEN2FAS

I ran and just sold an Icon 3" setup. It is a very nice setup. The ride is very plush and it articulates amazingly well. It might be a little spendy but you get what you pay for. My one complaint is the double pinch bolt clamp design on the track bars. Not a fan of pinch bolt clamps over threads. But with that said I still run the track bars and have had zero issues.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I spoke with low range 4x4 earlier this week about pricing and installing a evo coil over kit on my jeep I spoke with josh he was very helpful and they seem like a good shop that's more than likely where I'm taking mine to have my kit install.

Nice! Thanks for the tip, I'll check em out.

Here is some free rubicon shocks and coils
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32171

PMed. Very appreciated. I didn't even think of this.

Haha terror flex I was referring to their budget boost kit having good reviews. But just like you said that's not a hard thing to make a good puck.
I don't even trust their puck design. AEVs looked the best.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice! Thanks for the tip, I'll check em out.

PMed. Very appreciated. I didn't even think of this.

I don't even trust their puck design. AEVs looked the best.

All the pucks are the same so I wouldn't worry about that.

Honestly like I said your best best is the Rubi take offs as it's the cheapest way to go and will fit 33's perfectly since you can do that at stock height anyway.

ScoobyCarolanNC

All the pucks are the same so I wouldn't worry about that.

Honestly like I said your best best is the Rubi take offs as it's the cheapest way to go and will fit 33's perfectly since you can do that at stock height anyway.

I'm working on it! It was a great way idea & I totally appreciate it.

Top Bottom