Pairing rancho rs5000 shocks with Evo leveling kit..

Dopey84

I'm interested in opinions and input from anyone who is or has ran this set up I'm curious in its quality and ride... Ty for all your input

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ride quality is 100% subjective. However, pairing the 9000s with the leveling kit will allow you to fine tune the ride quality that the springs give you.

Jason12

I was also considering the Eco leveling kit. I was wondering if u could run it with stock shocks? Not a permanent thing just till I save enough for a good set

Dopey84

Aside from $$ that's the only reason I'm looking at the 5000 is because of the cost otherwise I'd look at bilstien 5100's or the 9000s

Dopey84

You can run the stock shocks but I'm thinking it will be better with some aftermarket shocks but I would wait for someone who has run aftermarket shocks to chime in for a comparison

Jason12

Yeah I'm just kinda slow building right now. I was just wanting to hurry up and get off stock tired. Also will I need new sway bar links with this kit?

Dopey84

Yeah I'm on the Evo leveling kit and stock shocks with Jks quick disconnect sway bar links I'd suggest getting some new links and I'm positive you can run your stock shocks I have been with no problems and I purchased spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers to stop my wheel rub

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would get the 7000's personally. They are the 9000's without adjustability. 5000's might be a little too firm for the evo coils.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
What is the difference between those two shocks

My fault, I misread your post. I had the 5000s on 09 with Rancho's 2" level kit and I enjoyed the ride, so much so that I'm considering their 3" w/ 5000s, but again its 100% subjective. The 9000s have an adjuster on them, 10 different dampening settings. The 5000s are just a monotube shock, that's the biggest difference.

Dopey84

Ok so yeah I'm not looking for the adjustability just a lil more firm of a ride and the possibility of correcting some of the right side lean I have going on.. I know it won't be a fix without some adjustability or a spacer on the right side to make up the difference but I do think the stock shocks are a bit worn and could be some of the problem I have

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Ok so yeah I'm not looking for the adjustability just a lil more firm of a ride and the possibility of correcting some of the right side lean I have going on.. I know it won't be a fix without some adjustability or a spacer on the right side to make up the difference but I do think the stock shocks are a bit worn and could be some of the problem I have

Im running the evo leveling kit now. Ill be upgrading shocks in the near future. Basically the only con to running stock shocks is your limited to only about 2 inches of down travel. I understand your shocks are shot anyway. Just my .02. Ill be upgrading to kings in the next couple months here. Rancho 9000 are a close second for me. On my previous jeep i wasnt a fan of the plush rides paired with bilstein 5100s

Jason12

Yeah I'm on the Evo leveling kit and stock shocks with Jks quick disconnect sway bar links I'd suggest getting some new links and I'm positive you can run your stock shocks I have been with no problems and I purchased spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers to stop my wheel rub

Ok thanks. I plan on getting the spacers as well. What size tires are u running? I was thinking about 295/70 17 trail grapplers just not sure if they would be too much

Dopey84

Ok thanks. I plan on getting the spacers as well. What size tires are u running? I was thinking about 295/70 17 trail grapplers just not sure if they would be too much

I'm running 285 65 18s. Cooper discoveries a/t. And they rub both sides at full turn without the spacers and with them no rub. I haven't flexed it out fully yet to see if they rub on my flares but it's nothing a little trim won't fix.

mds22

I run the EVO leveling kit with 9000s and love it.

Also if you are on a strict budget look at the Rancho leveling kit with 9000s for a little over $450 it's like getting the leveling kit for free for buying the shocks. I have no info on the quality of the coils, but I'm assuming they would be good.

jeffd

I would get the 7000's personally. They are the 9000's without adjustability. 5000's might be a little too firm for the evo coils.

actually the 5000X's is closer to the 9000 than the 7000 is to the 9000. I have run all 3 and the 5000 by feel and by Rancho's rep is =to the 9000 on setting 6. the 7000 ride is pretty close to a bilstein 5100 ie a higher pressure monotube vs the 5000 low pressure twin tube design.
You can get 7000's for 0-2" lift part number RS7326 and RS7328

Top Bottom