Weird Noise

tkd415

Hello Everyone,

I hear a weird noise when I accelerate. Almost sounds like lug nuts in a hubcap.

I had my bro record this. Anyone here have any ideas what I should check??

WJCO

Meme King
Hello Everyone,

I hear a weird noise when I accelerate. Almost sounds like lug nuts in a hubcap.

I had my bro record this. Anyone here have any ideas what I should check??

I would start by checking your ebrake components and then your brake caliper bolts and pad hardware. You could have something stuck between the rotor and backing plate but usually those noises are more constant. You could always drive it again and see if the noise changes while you pull the ebrake.

Maybe check your driveshaft for any foreign objects stuck in or wrapped around it.

I picked up a stick at Rausch and it was clicking for a while till it got loose.

gman-texas

noise

ok i know what it is i had the same noise my lower shock bushings were:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: bad and my sway bar link bushings where shot let me know if thats it

tkd415

Noise Update

Ok so driving home today, I started getting a shaking in the rear, then a clunk sound and now the Jeep won't move unless in 4 wheel. Guess it's off to the mechanic.

WJCO

Meme King
ok i know what it is i had the same noise my lower shock bushings were:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: bad and my sway bar link bushings where shot let me know if thats it

Welcome to WAL.

Ok so driving home today, I started getting a shaking in the rear, then a clunk sound and now the Jeep won't move unless in 4 wheel. Guess it's off to the mechanic.

Sounds like something went bang with rear drive shaft or differential. You could always grab each end of the drive shaft and see if you have any play in ujoints, pinion gear, or transfer case output area. Good luck.

tkd415

Problem Seems To Be Fixed

So my Jeep mechanic checked out the problem and as soon as he looked under it he found the driveshaft sitting on the skid plate? Was so aggravated that I didn't even see it. Well he replaed the CV Joint and no more noise.

Here's a pic, guess it was pretty messed up.

20160107_093244.jpg

Thanks for any tips you guys gave me.

WJCO

Meme King
So my Jeep mechanic checked out the problem and as soon as he looked under it he found the driveshaft sitting on the skid plate? Was so aggravated that I didn't even see it. Well he replaed the CV Joint and no more noise.

Here's a pic, guess it was pretty messed up.

View attachment 181139

Thanks for any tips you guys gave me.

That's for your front shaft isn't it? If so, it could wear out again with your lift kit on the vehicle.

Top Bottom