Hood Louver Mod

jorgelrod

Hooked
So a few weeks back someone started asking about hoods and hood louvers, the fact that the hood louvers on the 10A/Rubi X/Hard Rock are pretty much cosmetic and due to their small holes was brought up. I think it was Cozdude who said he had dremeled his. Since I lost my dremel during my divorce a few years back, I had to caveman the shit out of these but I'm sure they'll be alright since I made sure the sides were plenty strong.

Here are some pics...

2015-12-12 15.21.06.jpg

2015-12-12 15.15.17.jpg

I'll update the thread with any engine temp differences, if any

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Came out good! I do not have one but I want that hood BAD! Glad to see you were able to caveman it to get it to open up

jorgelrod

Hooked
She took the Dremel and the food saver vacuum sealer, I'm still crying over the food saver, even though it's been more than two years :cheesy::cheesy:

mdrums

I did this mod to my hood a few months ago. Living in Florida it is still hot here. On my normal drives my temps at around the suburbs and highway are 204-206* before and after the mod. What I do notice is the amount of heat coming through the opened up vents when parked.

It's a easy mod to do and at least if someone asks I can tell them they are functional. LOL

jorgelrod

Hooked
I did this mod to my hood a few months ago. Living in Florida it is still hot here. On my normal drives my temps at around the suburbs and highway are 204-206* before and after the mod. What I do notice is the amount of heat coming through the opened up vents when parked.

It's a easy mod to do and at least if someone asks I can tell them they are functional. LOL

Noticed about the same, mine runs from 215-226 and up to 231 going uphill, it still reaches these temps, but they do come down a bit faster with the mod now

mdrums

Noticed about the same, mine runs from 215-226 and up to 231 going uphill, it still reaches these temps, but they do come down a bit faster with the mod now

Not many hills here in Florida...but full throttle onto the highway I've seen 212-216 tops. Thanks!

Top Bottom