No more West Coast Customs

13JKUR

I think discovery needs to replace west coast customs with a reality show of Off Road Evolution and of the trips Eddie and Mel do. Let's start a petition haha

GCM 2

Not going to happen

Mel has had multiple offers for doing an Off Road Evolution shop show. We were talking about it one night at dinner and it seemed like he draws the line on filming the shops inner workings. Can't blame him for not wanting to do it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Haha the 1900+ Facebook, 75000+ JKF, and 3500+ WAL members also like the exclusive knowledge :cheesy:

And here is one of the things I find absolutely amazing...despite those numbers people still come on the forum and ask who drives that "really built up white jeep" or "does EVO make quality products" or something along those lines. :crazyeyes:

Atch

Most of the guys I know with jk's are cheap & prefer going with lesser quality products because of the prices associated with the quality made EVO products

StrizzyChris

And here is one of the things I find absolutely amazing...despite those numbers people still come on the forum and ask who drives that "really built up white jeep" or "does EVO make quality products" or something along those lines. :crazyeyes:

I couldn't agree more, especially since all of the videos end with a mini build sheet! But I think ATCH is right!

Most of the guys I know with jk's are cheap & prefer going with lesser quality products because of the prices associated with the quality made EVO products

X2

LoPo

Caught the Bug
The JK has introduced a lot of non-wheelers to a wheeler's product. You can expect ignorance and frugalness when it comes to mall crawling their shiny Rubicon.

Tattedfire

True dat! So who does drive that really built up white jeep? ;)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

And yet the vehicle they are driving isn't cheap. A rubicon is atleast 34 k new.

Why go cheap on the parts?

JAGS

Hooked
The JK has introduced a lot of non-wheelers to a wheeler's product. You can expect ignorance and frugalness when it comes to mall crawling their shiny Rubicon.

Not all non-wheelers are ignorant and frugal. Some of us, like me, are new to wheeling and the wheeling is good :rock:....even in our stock JKs and JKURs like mine. I think in a perfect world, we'd all be sky high and running 30K worth of add-ons, but that aint realistic. Since getting my 12' JKUR, I'm learning more each day about all that is Jeep and saving up for an already endless list of mods :broke:

I just went on a run this past weekend in some fresh powder in Big Bear and saw many other vehicles not be able to handle the snow like my stocker did. 4x4 trucks with chains, others sliding off to the snow bank. So I didn't feel ignorant or frugal wheeling my 38K Jeep around. Actually felt pretty bad a$$ and the wife and kids had total blast too.

Jeeps In snow.jpg

And for the mommy mall crawlers, good for them for finding the Wrangler. When their child is crying because they are tired and hungry, mom can punch it and ride right over those parking bumpers! ;)

So don't hate the stockers. After all it's "More than a Jeep, it's a way of life." not "More than a highly modified Jeep, it's a way of life." I'm just saying. :thumb::rock:

And yet the vehicle they are driving isn't cheap. A rubicon is atleast 34 k new.

Amen to that. It's tempting to go cheap, and that might work for some who aren't going to test the limits and just do some recreational driving. But agree, if you plan to go hard, you've got to go with quality and that will cost you.....whether EVO or not. The quality stuff from any manufacturer is not cheap when looking at apples to apples.

I personally like the EVO stuff because it has harder lines, which is more in my taste. :yup: I know it's going to hold up because it's been through the tests by people who will wheel it much harder than I ever would.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
And yet the vehicle they are driving isn't cheap. A rubicon is at least 34 k new.

Ignorance is all I can claim! I put shittybuilt bumpers and rock rails. Unfortunately I joined the forum after I had my stuff installed.

Honestly after joining this forum and looking at EVO's prices it would have been close to the same price to put EVO on. :doh:

My shittybuilt serves it's purpose and I only had a few problems with the install as far as hole alignment and getting my sockets back out after install. Had to grind a couple of the openings a little bigger... o well now I know.

StrizzyChris

Not all non-wheelers are ignorant and frugal. Some of us, like me, are new to wheeling and the wheeling is good :rock:....even in our stock JKs and JKURs like mine. I think in a perfect world, we'd all be sky high and running 30K worth of add-ons, but that aint realistic. Since getting my 12' JKUR, I'm learning more each day about all that is Jeep and saving up for an already endless list of mods :broke:

And for the mommy mall crawlers, good for them for finding the Wrangler. When their child is crying because they are tired and hungry, mom can punch it and ride right over those parking bumpers! ;)

So don't hate the stockers. After all it's "More than a Jeep, it's a way of life." not "More than a highly modified Jeep, it's a way of life." I'm just saying. :thumb::rock:

X2

....but I don't think anyone was bashing a stocker....just saying it doesn't make sense to buy a 35k+ Jeep and then turn around and try to run 40's on a 3k budget

JAGS

Hooked
X2
....but I don't think anyone was bashing a stocker....just saying it doesn't make sense to buy a 35k+ Jeep and then turn around and try to run 40's on a 3k budget

Just read the "mall crawling your shiny rubicon" as a bash on stock Rubicons because it doesn't appear modded for offroad. I think it's reasonable to put quality parts and value in an investment. But to not be modded and look like a "mall crawler" doesn't mean ignorance or frugality as that poster said. I'm not ignorant or frugal, just a beginner and don't want to put crap on my rig. I'm saving till I can do it as needed and do it right.

There are also people out there who haven't discovered the various forums and do something just to customize their rigs. To each their own. I wave at mall crawlers too. :standing wave:

Just read the "mall crawling your shiny rubicon" as a bash on stock Rubicons because it doesn't appear modded for offroad. I think it's reasonable to put quality parts and value in an investment. But to not be modded and look like a "mall crawler" doesn't mean ignorance or frugality as that poster said. I'm not ignorant or frugal, just a beginner and don't want to put crap on my rig. I'm saving till I can do it as needed and do it right.

There are also people out there who haven't discovered the various forums and do something just to customize their rigs. To each their own. I wave at mall crawlers too. :standing wave:

Had to quote due to no like button.

JAGS

Hooked
Had to quote due to no like button.

Thanks. Just don't think this is the forum for that. There are many "waysoflife" and to each there own on here. That's why for the most this is my favorite forum because you don't have to feel like a newb even though I am a newb. Everyone has been helpful and informative and it's been a great experience sharing and learning with all of you. Jeep is an attitude, not just a mod list. :yup:

Top Bottom