Side Steps

nathang

I have a black JKU with a 3.5 inch lift and 35s but I don't know what side steps to get. I'm looking for heavy duty ones that can take a hit, any suggestions?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Agreed with RoughRider. Take a look at LOD or the new EVO boat side sliders. For what it's worth, those are probably the only two bolt on sliders I would ever run on my rig. If you want the strongest sliders you can get with a step and don't mind welding, give EVO a call and they can make you custom angle weld on sliders. They are the same as the ones on my rig but angled out to be used as a step. Good luck on your search!

el_chupo_

I have the LOD's on my jeep, and while I am not west coast wheeling with the rocks they have out there, mine have help up to some time on rocks, with the Jeep sitting on the sliders, my wife using the right slider as a pivot point on a rock when going down Black Bear pass, etc. If you need pics of something that you cannot find let me know.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Agreed with RoughRider. Take a look at LOD or the new EVO boat side sliders. For what it's worth, those are probably the only two bolt on sliders I would ever run on my rig. If you want the strongest sliders you can get with a step and don't mind welding, give EVO a call and they can make you custom angle weld on sliders. They are the same as the ones on my rig but angled out to be used as a step. Good luck on your search!

I don't believe the EVO boat sliders have been released for sale.

vjusmc

I'm looking into getting some new sliders soon. Where can I check out these future release sliders ?

vjusmc

Cool I'll ask at the shop when I stop by. My rubicon sliders could only take a few more hits before they start to give. I may end up going with the weld on EVO sliders but would like to check these new sliders before I make my choice. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450047278.449117.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450047318.101418.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm looking into getting some new sliders soon. Where can I check out these future release sliders ?

There are ads to purchase them on several Jeep parts websites, including the Offroad Evolution website. I didn't realize they weren't available yet but as mentioned above, Mel is running them on EvoLander and they appear in several videos featuring that rig. If I didn't already have the EVO weld on sliders, I would be all over these as they are the look that I was looking for to begin with.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Cool I'll ask at the shop when I stop by. My rubicon sliders could only take a few more hits before they start to give. I may end up going with the weld on EVO sliders but would like to check these new sliders before I make my choice. View attachment 177690 View attachment 177691

Just my opinion, but if you play in rocks like that often, you would be better off with the EVO weld on sliders. They are some tough SOBs and you can even pivot the weight of the Jeep on them if necessary or use them as a jacking or recovery point. Not too many sliders on the market I would be comfortable doing that with.

Top Bottom