Sway bar link clearance questions

muddy_anvil

I am in the process of installing a 2.5" metalcloak lift and I put on new wheels with 35" tires. My question is: looking at these pictures (I know the front sway bar isn't on yet) is there enough clearance between the sway bar links and the tires? Or should I put 1.5" wheel spacers on? image.jpg image.jpg

muddy_anvil

A very rough measurement looks to be about 2.5" when I measured the backside. I don't know much about backspacing if we're being honest

Heavyhaul07

Look on the back of the wheel and give me the numbers that are cast into the wheel. Look for a negative number. Like -12 or -32

I run stock wheels and 315 70 17 tires and I rub pretty hard on the rear end, but I havnt gotten any spacers for it et since I just noticed

muddy_anvil

Is that even the right way to measure backspacing? And I actually already have wheel spacers because I was planning to run them with stock tires too. Just need to figure out whether or not I need them!

A.J.

Measure back spacing. Put a straight edge across back side of rim out where the tire mounts on and measure to where it bolts on to hub face right where your thumb is in picture

A.J.

With 35's you should be ok with 4.5" Looks ok in the pics. They usually have a recommended back spacing for the lift.

iRonin

Another thing to consider even if it's "really close but not quite touching" - in offload situations lower tire pressure + off camber can and will flex those sidewalls in and make contact.

muddy_anvil

I appreciate all your feedback guys. I've decided to run the 1.5" spacers since I have them laying around just to be safe

Top Bottom