Advice with Increasing EVO spring from 3" to 4"

thechrisjones

I bought the EVO enforcer 3" lift with King shocks about 8 months ago. I'm thinking about buying the 4inch coil springs. Is this a bad idea? Anything I should be cautious of? I have already got a aftermarket drive shaft.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I bought the EVO enforcer 3" lift with King shocks about 8 months ago. I'm thinking about buying the 4inch coil springs. Is this a bad idea? Anything I should be cautious of? I have already got a aftermarket drive shaft.

Any reason why you're wanting to go taller?

thechrisjones

I have a 37"inch full spare and about to add a winch; in case it tends to sag or bring it down a lot I was curious if possibly changing the springs would be ok. I would rather replace springs than use a spacer. Hopefully I won't have to do either. I guess I'm just planing for the unexpected.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Fully loaded in the rear you may experience some sag, but I would see how it is first, then go from there. I dont think the winch will change the front much. Are you not running with your spare currently?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have a 37"inch full spare and about to add a winch; in case it tends to sag or bring it down a lot I was curious if possibly changing the springs would be ok. I would rather replace springs than use a spacer. Hopefully I won't have to do either. I guess I'm just planing for the unexpected.

You'll just need to replace the coils that's it. If your bump stops are good with your current set up they will work fine with the 4"

oyoquem

I'm not the OP but have the 3" Enforcer and kings with 35" TGs.

Nice! Have you had any thoughts of moving to 4"? I'm leaning towards 35s on a 3" lift with a winch and tire carrier. Did you measure the actual lift increase before and after?

NV375

Nice! Have you had any thoughts of moving to 4"? I'm leaning towards 35s on a 3" lift with a winch and tire carrier. Did you measure the actual lift increase before and after?
I could go to 4" some day when I do the EVO tire carrier, corners, skins and sliders. I also plan to run 37s when I need tires. The only reason I would go to 4" coils would be if I bottom out too often when loaded down with gear on trips. I also Did the adjustable shocks in the rear only so I can stiffen them when loaded with tools and recovery gear.

The 3" enforcer with cut fenders leaves plenty of room for 37s. Check out olram's jeep. Looks killers too

Top Bottom