Best cheapo Mods you can give to relatives to satiate holiday gift idea requests

Right Rudder

I am constantly bombarded by questions from Grandparents/Aunts/Uncles/In-laws about my gift desires for the damn holiday season. I give no shits about the religious holiday/mandatory gift buying experience, but if my family is going to spend money(which they insist on doing) I would like it to at least go towards something I enjoy vs random stuff like another flashlight or leatherman.

I would love them to all get together and buy me a quality Jeep kit/hardware piece in the 4-digit price range but unfortunately they requires way to much coordination amongst 30+ adults on two separate sides of the family; it just isn't feasible.

Just wondering what ideas the rest of you slip to your non-offroad obsessed family members to help you constructively fill in tiny gaps on your build around this time of year.

Taking any ideas like hood latches, D-rings, snatch blocks, floor mats etc.

I'm great at buying my self the right stuff with prices above 100$, just struggle for ideas I can give other relatives who I don't want to spend more than 50$

Mods feel free to move this if it isn't directly applicable to the JK, that's just what I drive.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I am constantly bombarded by questions from Grandparents/Aunts/Uncles/In-laws about my gift desires for the damn holiday season. I give no shits about the religious holiday/mandatory gift buying experience, but if my family is going to spend money(which they insist on doing) I would like it to at least go towards something I enjoy vs random stuff like another flashlight or leatherman.

I would love them to all get together and buy me a quality Jeep kit/package package in the 4-digit price range but unfortunately they requires way to much coordination amongst 30+ adults on two separate sides of the family; it just isn't feasible.

Just wondering what ideas the rest of you feed your non-offroad obsessed family members to help you constructively fill in tiny gaps on your build around this time of year.

I'm great at buying my self the right stuff with prices above 100$, just struggle for ideas I can give other relatives who I don't want to spend more than 50$

Mods feel free to move this if it isn't directly applicable to the JK, that's just what I drive.

Ask for cash or Visa gift cards. Clears it all up.

Right Rudder

Yeah that's the issue, my 50-60+ aged relatives don't want to do that shit. They are old-school screwing me hard.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah that's the issue, my 50-60+ aged relatives don't want to do that shit. They are old-school screwing me hard.

Lol.

You could always look around on the internet and compile a list of websites that have parts that you want in that specific price range. Then send out that list. Cheap mods that look good are interior LED lights. You can get those really cheap nowadays and they really brighten the interior.

Speeddmn

Or you could be grateful you still have family that cares and wants to give you a gift.

If they wont do giftcards/cash, highly doubtful they will do internet searches. Again, you might not care for the holidays but apparently your family does and you shouldn't be a needy greedy whiny bitch about it.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Or you could be grateful you still have family that cares and wants to give you a gift.

If they wont do giftcards/cash, highly doubtful they will do internet searches. Again, you might not care for the holidays but apparently your family does and you shouldn't be a needy greedy whiny bitch about it.

^^^well said. Maybe a Costco size box of Tampax would be in The right price range.

Scrambler

Very eloquently put.

OP, any flashlights or leatherman tools that you do not want can be shipped to me. Hell, I'll even pay for shipping.
Seriously though, I'd be grateful with whatever presents I got and happy that I have people that care enough about me to spend their hard earned money on me.

Right Rudder

So this went south quickly. I'll rephrase: What quality JK upgrades are in the 50 bucks or less range (no matter how basic) in your experience? Besides the economy box of tampons. :blush:

Bottom line I'm trying to give relatives a viable option for something I'll actually use while not breaking their meager bank.

c1ca560bb63a347ccdaea2ec533a1c0c.jpg

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would just look on the websites like quadratec and morris 4x4 who have the "gift sections" in dollar ammounts. Always good way to start for stuff like this.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Well, despite your wording of choice and backlash you are receiving, I think this thread could be great. I am in the same boat. I would appreciate Jeep-centric gifts...girlfriend already shot down getting me coil overs haha.

Rufio

I'm kind of in the same boat, because my family members have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to Jeep parts, gun related gifts, or pretty much anything bug out related. I got on Amazon and created Wish Lists that are separated into different categories. All they'd have to do is search by your email address and it pulls up your wish lists. Whether they purchase from Amazon or just use the list as a tool to know exactly what you want, it works.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So this went south quickly. I'll rephrase: What quality JK upgrades are in the 50 bucks or less range (no matter how basic) in your experience? Besides the economy box of tampons. :blush:

Bottom line I'm trying to give relatives a viable option for something I'll actually use while not breaking their meager bank.

c1ca560bb63a347ccdaea2ec533a1c0c.jpg

You are a punk. It sucks your relatives even waste any money on your dumbass. What they should be doing is filling a bag with shit and lighting it on fire in your jeep since their "meager" bank accounts can't spare enough to buy you a fucking lift kit. You are what is wrong with society.

JK LYF

I would love them to all get together and buy me a quality Jeep kit/hardware piece in the 4-digit price range but unfortunately they requires way to much coordination amongst 30+ adults on two separate sides of the family; it just isn't feasible.

Just wondering what ideas the rest of you slip to your non-offroad obsessed family members to help you constructively fill in tiny gaps on your build around this time of year.

You really sound like an ass. It sounds like you're talking shit and/or tired of family members who want to buy u shit for a holiday you don't care about. How old are you?

Top Bottom