Spark plug wire boots?

ScoobyCarolanNC

So a while back I changed my plug wires & plugs. The old wire's boot fit over the entire plug straight to the block completely covering it. My new ones don't. Any concern there with deep water or a short of some kind?

jeeeep

Hooked
So a while back I changed my plug wires & plugs. The old wire's boot fit over the entire plug straight to the block completely covering it. My new ones don't. Any concern there with deep water or a short of some kind?

are they wrangler specific wires? I've got aftermarket wires and the boots fit the same as stock.

If I got into water deep enough to reach the plug I'd be worrying about other things lol.

did you use dieletric grease? Only thing I can think of is arcing if the boot does not provide enough coverage. Are you having any issues with idle or acceleration?

ScoobyCarolanNC

These were advance auto wires. It was a kit for the wrangler & they were all the right length. They came greased & the boot covers all but the "nut" of the plug. They look fine & im not really worried. Just wondering if I should have gotten a different design.

jeeeep

Hooked
These were advance auto wires. It was a kit for the wrangler & they were all the right length. They came greased & the boot covers all but the "nut" of the plug. They look fine & im not really worried. Just wondering if I should have gotten a different design.

they should be fine

Top Bottom