Chromoly axle shaft diameter

aro

Will I have any problems installing chromoly axle shafts into my front D30, which also has sleeves? (Now I know sleeves were most likely a waste of money...)

I'm wondering if there will be any issues with the diameter of the shaft vs. the diameter of the sleeves. IOW, could the new shaft be thicker than the sleeves?

I would assume that the diameter of the chromoly shaft is identical with the diameter of the stock shaft, in which case there won't be any problems.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Will I have any problems installing chromoly axle shafts into my front D30, which also has sleeves? (Now I know sleeves were most likely a waste of money...)

I'm wondering if there will be any issues with the diameter of the shaft vs. the diameter of the sleeves. IOW, could the new shaft be thicker than the sleeves?

I would assume that the diameter of the chromoly shaft is identical with the diameter of the stock shaft, in which case there won't be any problems.

You shouldn't have any problems

WJCO

Meme King

When I was looking in to doing some on mine recently, I was told by a seller that they had one problem with a ujoint hitting on the sleeve slightly during full turning. He made it sound like it didn't affect anything, just something to note. That could be from sleeve not being fully seated rather than a design issue with the axle shaft though.

Top Bottom