Help!

projectMMTB

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450402565.016515.jpg
So for a few days I've been hearing this chain-like noise under my jeep when slowing down and when I'm not applying the break or gas. About 45 minutes ago my ABS and trac control came on. Anyone know what this may be?
I was gonna try to figure out what the noise was but I've just been too busy to get under the jeep and figure it out.

projectMMTB

If you can hear that noise you really shouldn't be driving it. Bad things can happen.

I'm 18 and it's my only car
I have no choice. I just have to make it home after my next class and I'll jack it up and figure it out.
My school is only 2 miles away but if it was any further I would've had a friend drive me

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The wheel will fall off. It fell off, it fell the fuck off, now its Ron Whites big fn building! LOL.

Seriously though, if its a hub, it can come apart and the wheel can fall off. When I was workin at the stealership, I had a truck come in late Friday afternoon. We would have to order a hub and it would have been there first thing Monday morning. Guy said he would bring it back, he didn't want to listen to us telling him that he really shouldn't be driving it. He circled the parking lot and decided he would catch a ride and leave the truck. I went ahead and pulled it in the shop to have it all tore down and waiting for the new one. When I started lifting it, all the weight came off of it, the wheel fell off with part of the hub attached. He wouldn't have made it home.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm 18 and it's my only car
I have no choice. I just have to make it home after my next class and I'll jack it up and figure it out.
My school is only 2 miles away but if it was any further I would've had a friend drive me

You really should catch a ride.

dillard09

I don't have a bike and I'm too lazy to walk so I'm riding home with a friend and I guess I'll leave the jeep at school until I figure out what I'm going to do

I hear ya! I would be to lazy to walk too. I don't walk 3 blocks to the store. I jump in the jeep. The wife laughs at me.
Good luck!

WJCO

Meme King
Well you scared me straight...
So what causes this?
Price to replace? Does warranty cover it?
Do you suggest I have it towed to the stealership?

I would visually look underneath first to make sure you didn't run over anything that is stuck there. If not, then it should be a warrantable item if it is a parts failure if you're within the warranty time/miles. You could have it towed, not sure if Chrysler has free road service though.

projectMMTB

I would visually look underneath first to make sure you didn't run over anything that is stuck there. If not, then it should be a warrantable item if it is a parts failure if you're within the warranty time/miles. You could have it towed, not sure if Chrysler has free road service though.

It's within the warranty period: 2 years 23k miles
But every time I take to get something warrantied it's such a pain in the ass. They try to blame it on me going wheeling every once and a while when we I don't do anything that challenging that will harm it. But once I get my 37s, Walker Evans, and my sliders next week that will be a different story[emoji4]. Last month I took my soft top to get fixed because it was leaking like crazy and they wouldn't fix it because there were a few mud stains on the top and it ended up being a seal on the inside that f'd up.

WJCO

Meme King
It's within the warranty period: 2 years 23k miles
But every time I take to get something warrantied it's such a pain in the ass. They try to blame it on me going wheeling every once and a while when we I don't do anything that challenging that will harm it. But once I get my 37s, Walker Evans, and my sliders next week that will be a different story[emoji4]. Last month I took my soft top to get fixed because it was leaking like crazy and they wouldn't fix it because there were a few mud stains on the top and it ended up being a seal on the inside that f'd up.

They could say it's not warrantable with the larger tires if it is a wheel bearing or ujoint, just a heads up. As posted earlier, it's a fairly easy job to do yourself.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
They could say it's not warrantable with the larger tires if it is a wheel bearing or ujoint, just a heads up. As posted earlier, it's a fairly easy job to do yourself.

I thinks he's saying he WILL be putting on 37's. Sounds like he's running stock for the time being.

Top Bottom