JK Heavy Duty Cross Member

jkuone

So I'm at the point I need to replace the Stock tranny cross member in my 13'JKU. I'm looking at either the Artec or the poison Spyder one. Any thoughts ,is one better than other ? Both look pretty beefy to me. Anyone have any issues with either ?
Thanks for any info....

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have heard nothing but great things about the poison spider one. I even believe Eddie ran/runs it and it has held up well

jkuone

Well just from reading there are slight differences in thickness of metal they are made of . The PS one uses all stock
Fasteners were as the Artec says it uses 3/8 course thread captive nuts instead of the stock M12 nuts. Thinking that must be where it bolts to frame rail on each side, not sure.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would go with Clayton and probably will when the time comes. They cost the inside of the crossmember as well as the outside to prevent rusting on the inside. PS comes raw. Basically the only difference I think.

jeeeep

Hooked
x2 on the Clayton, it's e-coated for full coverage on the inside and outside to prevent rust issues.
PS is raw, you'll need to paint or send it out for powdercoat
PS is full length welded and the Clayton is stitch welded but the welds are close and look great so I don't think any loss of strength there.
I've had the Clayton on since the beginning of the year. it was cheaper and didn't need to add cost by having it powder coated

uberc4

I have the PS crossmember. It was one of the first mods I ended up doing. A few people recommended doing it before the stock one was a pain to get out from being taco'd. I ended up painting it myself rather than having it powdercoated. It would have been nice if it came all ready painted though. The inside was a bit tricky to paint. I ended up taping all the holes up, pouring some paint inside, then shaking it around until the paint covered the entire interior. It worked for me. On a plus note, you get a workout while doing it. LOL

jkuone

Hmm I see the EVO one comes powder coated already. Anyone running it? There all basically same price range.

Kpalas

I have the Artec one, as well as the Artec belly skid plate system, very happy with it, but It comes raw also. Ended up powder coating it.

Journeyman

Synergy also makes one that has some tranny skid plate built into it. But it's also about twice the price of the spyder crossmember.

uberc4

Hmm I see the EVO one comes powder coated already. Anyone running it? There all basically same price range.

When did EVO start making one? I looked on their website for it, but all I saw was the Protek Exhaust & tranny cross-member skid.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I have the Artec one, as well as the Artec belly skid plate system, very happy with it, but It comes raw also. Ended up powder coating it.

I went with Artec Skid System and their HD cross member as well........no complaints so far :thumb:

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

uberc4

It was fairly recent. I'm an EVO whore so I will probably get that one sometime. Lol.

Lmfao. I think we all have a little bit of it in us. I don't have much of a build quite yet, but my list pretty much is comprised of all EVO stuff! May even have to rip off my PS crossmember just for the EVO one... [emoji23]

Top Bottom