Wave from denver

Slimebones

A wave from Denver. I would like to introduce myself to you all. My wife and I have been out exploring the Colorado Rockies with our 1999 XJ for quite some time, but now has come the time to do some real wheeling. I found a real nice 2007 Rubicon that will enable me to get to those areas not before accessible with the stock XJ. I am not comfortable going to the more extreme terrain alone, and am wondering if there are any others out there that might need someone else to go along with in case of breakdown or in need of help. I can understand not wanting to drag along a "noob", but I can assure you I have put a lot of thought into this and my rig is very capable. Just need a few tips from an experienced driver on maneuvering through obstacles. Any clubs or groups in this area you would recommend? Also, any good reputable repair shops you have experience with?
I look forward to any meet-ups. Good Day!

WJCO

Meme King
A wave from Denver. I would like to introduce myself to you all. My wife and I have been out exploring the Colorado Rockies with our 1999 XJ for quite some time, but now has come the time to do some real wheeling. I found a real nice 2007 Rubicon that will enable me to get to those areas not before accessible with the stock XJ. I am not comfortable going to the more extreme terrain alone, and am wondering if there are any others out there that might need someone else to go along with in case of breakdown or in need of help. I can understand not wanting to drag along a "noob", but I can assure you I have put a lot of thought into this and my rig is very capable. Just need a few tips from an experienced driver on maneuvering through obstacles. Any clubs or groups in this area you would recommend? Also, any good reputable repair shops you have experience with?
I look forward to any meet-ups. Good Day!

Welcome to WAL. There is a meetup thread that is posted here when the trails are open. Also, Trail Jeeps is in Golden and is well-known and reputable.

GraniteCrystal

Welcome! I myself moved to Denver just over a month ago. As far as clubs and shops... I went to Mile Hi Jeep Club for the first time this month and they seem like some nice people. They recommended Dusty Dog Garage to me as what most of their people use. I'm also buying a new bumper from Trail Jeeps and they seem to be reputable as well so you might check out both.

Dwg

Welcome from Colorado. I found a few great trails but there has to be a ton near the front range. Anybody have a favorite? I like MSV but it is mainly wheeling on rocks. Are they all like that? Not a bad thing but I like everything. A good mix would be great. Any with a great view?

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome from Colorado. I found a few great trails but there has to be a ton near the front range. Anybody have a favorite? I like MSV but it is mainly wheeling on rocks. Are they all like that? Not a bad thing but I like everything. A good mix would be great. Any with a great view?

Most of them are NOT like that. That is a more challenging trail around here. Here's a great map from the Boulder Ranger District, you can use the key to figure out which roads are forest roads. After you pick one you want to try, make sure and research it via Google or youtube to know what you're getting into.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5165768.pdf

I also know there are a ton near Idaho Springs and clear creek. This site has a lot too:

http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php

spicoli

As mentioned www.traildamage.com is a great site. I moved from CO a couple years ago to Seattle area, I wish there was a site that good for trails around here.

Check out red cone, black bear pass, Imogene, engineers pass, there are a few near Idaho springs which I have forgotten their name and another that meets redcone as well. Redcone has only 1 challenging part down low where lockers or decent tire size are needed to get over, unless people have tamed it down from when I lived there.

Last edited:

jkuone

Welcome to Wayalife and The Denver area. There are tons of trails here to run most of the harder trails close for the winter but there are a lot more that are open to go what we call snow bashing runs. As a matter of fact going this Sunday doing Jefferson cut off and boardenville gulch. Might try Twin Cone also depends on how deep snow is though. As far as Jeep Clubs here MIJC is a great club. You might go online to meetup.com to find other local clubs. Colo Jeep People, Built 4 fun 4x, High Country Adventure 4x . I'm a member of all three so there is great diversity for diff trails and dates for runs.

Dwg

Thanks for the trail info guys. I went on trail damage.com and you are right it is great. I look forward to trying some of these.

Top Bottom