Front "Scuff Trim" Panel Removal

Jeepers46

Im trying to chase down the cause of a leak on both front carpets that occurs when it rains. Ive removed the front carpets and it looks like the water is coming from under the "scuff trim" at the floor board. According to the Jeep Water Leak Diagnosis snd Repair Manual I downloaded one of the possible causes is water coming in where the panel attaches to the tub. Does this piece just snap in? I started tryin to remove it but didnt want to break something if its not held in with just push tabs.

Jeepers46

You know, it's the trim thing that attaches to the other thing to prevent scuffing. Duh. Lol.

As for the OP. The leak is likely coming from higher and not the actual floor area. Just a guess.

Lol...Yes its what Ive always called the kick plate but the diagnosis guide calls it a "scruff trim"...Im leaning more towards hte water coming in from around the door also but I wanted to remove that piece and check there also. Ill upload some pics of the area when I get home.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You know, it's the trim thing that attaches to the other thing to prevent scuffing. Duh. Lol.

As for the OP. The leak is likely coming from higher and not the actual floor area. Just a guess.

Lol...Yes its what Ive always called the kick plate but the diagnosis guide calls it a "scruff trim"...Im leaning more towards hte water coming in from around the door also but I wanted to remove that piece and check there also. Ill upload some pics of the area when I get home.

Watch this video. I think this is what you are talking about

https://youtu.be/dAQi4Uzi8PY

james2003w

Watch this video. I think this is what you are talking about
https://youtu.be/dAQi4Uzi8PY

This is a great video of how to fix it. Not the video I found when I had to deal with this a few years ago. Based on the JK Water Leak PDF File, it could be caused by many things such as the foam sticky stuff on the roof, the A or B piller seals, door seal, door alignment, cowl seal, etc.

I was getting a very large puddle under the carpet on the driver and passenger side. Doing this door seal fix worked great for a time. Probable due to buying the wrong weather stripping/door deal material I had to replace it about ever 7-8 months. This is a very common issue with the '08 and '09 model JK's as the B-Piller seals changed they were only used for those two years. Last I heard (a year ago) they had a -8,000+ B-Piller Seals on back order (per the dealership). As it does not always let the water run in on the front part of the door, but back where the corner of the door meets the roof and body behind the seat (the part that latches). It'll sneak in through there too.

Top Bottom