I want to bolt on EVO sliders and you can't change my mind!

Guascone

I have a question…someone has never assembled the EVO slider drilling the frame and the slider flange in order to avoid the welding operations?
I know that I can buy different sliders but I like the EVO.
The reason why I would like the slider bolted , is the possibility to disassembly the sliders due to the Italian law that didn’t permit to modify the frame…it is a cheap solution to bypass the law…
Do you see any trouble or critical aspects?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
One guy did he was from Northern California can't remember his screen name. Honestly if you want a frame mounted slider you can drill in go with the LōD sliders. Otherwise why bother. EVO is meant to be welded for superior strength. Plus drilling into the frame IS modifying it correct? Why not just weld.

Guascone

I agree with you, but here in Italy we have some periodical homologation check and if the sliders are welded the modifications are more evident them some holes...
For me it would be a compromise.
In terms of strenght the idea is to use 3xM10 bolt for bracket...

WJCO

Meme King
I agree with you, but here in Italy we have some periodical homologation check and if the sliders are welded the modifications are more evident them some holes...

You could always weld the EVO sliders on, then superglue some bolt heads to it to make it look like they're bolted on. :D

JAGS

Hooked

As Frank said, why not just go with a quality bolt up option, that was constructed to be bolted. EVO sliders strength come from the welding installation. So maybe ask about bolt on options and hopefully some others can reply. LoD is great, but maybe there are others???

You could always weld the EVO sliders on, then superglue some bolt heads to it to make it look like they're bolted on. :D

Or this. :cheesy:

Guascone

:) :)

Good idea! Uffff...some time it is so difficult to live here in Italy...I love my country but it is so complicated in terms of stupid law!
I can weld it, but before to make it I'm evaluating different options...if there are different options...

Guascone

As Frank said, why not just go with a quality bolt up option, that was constructed to be bolted. EVO sliders strength come from the welding installation. So maybe ask about bolt on options and hopefully some others can reply. LoD is great, but maybe there are others???

Or this. :cheesy:

You are also right! Unfortunately it is also very difficult to find good american product here...
Before to buy the EVO slider, i.e.,I have bought the PSC rocker knocker body mounted...after recived it, I discovered that there were a fake coming from china...
Now to avoid any risk I bought the EVO slider from a dealer the sell just their product...

Ddays

Hooked
I have a question…someone has never assembled the EVO slider drilling the frame and the slider flange in order to avoid the welding operations?
I know that I can buy different sliders but I like the EVO.
The reason why I would like the slider bolted , is the possibility to disassembly the sliders due to the Italian law that didn’t permit to modify the frame…it is a cheap solution to bypass the law…
Do you see any trouble or critical aspects?

Another issue you may run into with a bolt on installation is that the 3 flanges that mount the sliders to the frame may not necessarily fit flush. I bolted mine on the front and back so that I could take them to a welder and just pay him to weld them on the frame. Both of the middle flanges did not contact the frame at all. They were at least a 1/4" (6.5mm) from contact. Not because the sliders are manufactured incorrectly in any way, it's because every Jeep is different. In my case he just built up the weld and there were no issues. I don't believe that you could tighten those bolts enough to pull the slider to the frame. In fact, I would flat out say that there's no way those sliders will bend. No way. That would defeat the whole reason for them being installed if they bent that easily.

Shorter answer - install LOD bolt on sliders

Guascone

Thanks for the answere!
I have already bought the EVO so I just have to decide how and when fix them on my jku.
Tomorrow I'll check it in order start to evaluate how to procede...

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for the answere!
I have already bought the EVO so I just have to decide how and when fix them on my jku.
Tomorrow I'll check it in order start to evaluate how to procede...

Best of luck. You can always do a test fit. Hopefully yours will contact the frame and then you will have no worries. Post up some photos when you're done!

Guascone

Different ways to assembly the EVO slider

Yesterday I received it!
As you can see in the pictures they are already drilled for m12...why? Is it only a cincidence? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450529767.198577.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450529791.471504.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450529809.081498.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450529823.887475.jpg

Last edited:

RockyJk

Just throwing this out there make sure you take off your stock sliders before putting the Evo on, also you should look into some rocker skins since you're bolting them on

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Actually those holes are for plug welds not bolts. You seem like the type that just wants your ego stroked and came here looking for people to tell you you had a great idea. Do what you want and when they fail we can tell you that you were wrong.

^This. Just because this guy thinks those are bolt holes doesn't make it true.

Guascone

I have a problem, I try to solve it...why does this bother you?
If you want to help me I'll thank you if you don't want to there is no problem...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a problem, I try to solve it...why does this bother you?
If you want to help me I'll thank you if you don't want to there is no problem...

You had your mind set of bolting then on. Nothing anyone said has changed that. Why even start a thread?

JAGS

Hooked
You had your mind set of bolting then on. Nothing anyone said has changed that. Why even start a thread?

Yup. If you look back, he had already purchased with the intent of bolting. So he's kind of screwed now. Should have asked these questions before buying.

Guascone

I asked if someone has ever bolted the EVO sliders instead of welding them .
This was my question...

You told me that it is a stupid idea and just an ego show.
Please could you motivate it?
Do you think that a weld is more solid than a bolt?

I'm writing in a forum( in the technical area) in order to exchange informations, opinions and, why not, show what I build...is it not the ame of the forum?

English is not my language but I try to avoid mystakes. If something is not so clear please ask me to clarify it, I'll do my best to do better translation.

Sincerly thanks

[emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Top Bottom