Opinions and stats on your preferred lighting kits light bars or old school style

Scout19D-2009

I'm in the market to improve the lifting situation on my 2015 JKU there are so many options out there for lighting packages but deciding the top quality or beast buy is really difficult. I am leaning towards a KC light setup what's your opinions and input ?

reelsilly

Opinions and stats on your preferred lighting kits light bars or old school s...

I have tone of friends that have spent stupid amounts of money on LED lights. A lot of the guys I know have more money than brains, but hey, if ya got, spend it right? Anyway, I went with a deal I found that included a 24" bar, hood mount, wiring kit, and switch. I paid 85.00 shipped. I will have to say, it is just as bright, if not brighter than some of the 200$ ones of the same size. I use it on a regular basis and love it. There have been several folks that purchased ones like it since then and have been happy. Will they hold up in the long run vs the high dollar ones? I have no idea but I do know that I like these.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450543176.138893.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450543189.711348.jpg

Well I had the very same problem I wanted a lot of lights the more the better for be but I did some messing around and I found the perfect set up for me.
1. I have to KC spot lights on my windshield brackets
2. I bought a Amazon light bar for maybe 50 bucks during a sale, put it right on my front bumper
3. Bought some Amazon flood lights and also put those on my bumper but angled out to face the side for more visibility. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450543374.742537.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450543395.543575.jpg

GraniteCrystal

I have tone of friends that have spent stupid amounts of money on LED lights. A lot of the guys I know have more money than brains, but hey, if ya got, spend it right? Anyway, I went with a deal I found that included a 24" bar, hood mount, wiring kit, and switch. I paid 85.00 shipped. I will have to say, it is just as bright, if not brighter than some of the 200$ ones of the same size. I use it on a regular basis and love it. There have been several folks that purchased ones like it since then and have been happy. Will they hold up in the long run vs the high dollar ones? I have no idea but I do know that I like these.

Well I had the very same problem I wanted a lot of lights the more the better for be but I did some messing around and I found the perfect set up for me.
1. I have to KC spot lights on my windshield brackets
2. I bought a Amazon light bar for maybe 50 bucks during a sale, put it right on my front bumper
3. Bought some Amazon flood lights and also put those on my bumper but angled out to face the side for more visibility.

For those who have been happy with their cheaper options, could you post links to items if possible? Getting the good cheap option vs the crappy cheap option is tough, so a link would be invaluable.

Jern26

For those who have been happy with their cheaper options, could you post links to items if possible? Getting the good cheap option vs the crappy cheap option is tough, so a link would be invaluable.

Don't have a link, but these are "nilight" brand 7" round leds. I couldn't be happier with them, $50 a pair. They're on amazon. They don't even look like they could make light, but I made that comparison picture myself, it speaks for itself. 😃

Attachments

• 1450552667517.jpg
    1450552667517.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 367
  • 1450552742298.jpg
    1450552742298.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 371

Wethy

i just have the stock lighting plus a Set of rigid duallys on the A-pillars. i will be upgrading the actual headlights to truck lites eventually but for now this works for me. if i was going to go heavy on lights the most id have is trucklites the dually spots on my A-pillar and a 20" on the bumper and that would be it

spicoli

There are some local guys running ARB knock offs they got off of amazon. So far all of them love there lights.

soedog

Here's my set up "20 Combo Beam light bar 4" Cubes in flood pattern with "A" pillar mounts and 2 wiring harness's. For $187 shipped to my door its hard for me to justify paying maybe $250/300 alone for just a 20" light bar from one of the big names.
Even if I have a problem with them in the future I can buy 3 or 4 replacements for the cost of 1 unit from the name brands.

Here's the address www.auxbeam.com for you to check it out. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450608721.845687.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450608776.775825.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Here's my set up "20 Combo Beam light bar 4" Cubes in flood pattern with "A" pillar mounts and 2 wiring harness's. For $187 shipped to my door its hard for me to justify paying maybe $250/300 alone for just a 20" light bar from one of the big names.
Even if I have a problem with them in the future I can buy 3 or 4 replacements for the cost of 1 unit from the name brands.

Here's the address www.auxbeam.com for you to check it out.

That looks great and is pretty much the setup I was thinking of doing in terms of size and placement. Also, what headlights are you running? And lastly, non-light-related question: it looks like you did the mesh grill insert mod but with different material than most of us have used. What is that/where did you get it? Thanks!

soedog

Thanks GraniteCrystal,

I've got the heated Trucklites and I'm pretty happy with them other than the infamous X pattern they display (could be my OCD).

The grill is done with Drake inserts in flat black. I went with the gutter guard on my previous rig but didn't like how some of the zip tie blocks came loose over time.

DMF

I bought mine on eBay 2 years ago and they are still working today. I've use my LED's once on the trail and about 20X on the HWY late at night when I'm on the road alone. My cheapos from eBay have not failed me yet!

Opinions and stats on your preferred lighting kits light bars or old school s...

This is the exact one is bought and love it! I did put a bead of silicone around the seal because I did notice it doesn't keep out water very well. But other than that it's been perfect! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450681723.127446.jpg

Last edited:

toxicwaste29

I have a set of piaa 520 atp on my bumper. They toss light farther than my brothers bumper mounted led bar. The only other thing I have are trucklites and their high beams match my piaa lights. I'm beginning to see more and more people driving on the street with led bars of all types on and it pisses me off. It's more annoying than hid headlights imo

SJ21XDC

I started out with the KC setup. I changed to a LED setup to lower the height of the Jeep when I decided on running 40's. I had to tilt the KC's back to get in the garage with 37's. Also, if you do five on a light bar, they do cause a lot of wind noise. Here's a couple of pictures with the KC's and the current setup. Good luck with your decision!
(9-30-14) 2.jpg (10-17-14) 5.jpg IMG_2653.jpg IMG_2665.jpg

Top Bottom