Tire Pressure Sensor Question

Wizard

I have a 2013 Rubicon which has one tyre sensor displaying random pressures (sometimes O psi, sometimes very high psi, but never the right pressure). Thinking this was a tyre sensor problem, I rotated a different tyre onto that corner of the Jeep and I am still getting incorrect pressures displaying on the dash.

It is possible that I have two faulty sensors, but I'm wondering where or how the Jeep reads the information sent from the tyre pressure sensors. Is there a receiver somewhere near each wheel well, or are all tyre pressures received in one central part of the Jeep?

Any clues please?

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 2013 Rubicon which has one tyre sensor displaying random pressures (sometimes O psi, sometimes very high psi, but never the right pressure). Thinking this was a tyre sensor problem, I rotated a different tyre onto that corner of the Jeep and I am still getting incorrect pressures displaying on the dash.

It is possible that I have two faulty sensors, but I'm wondering where or how the Jeep reads the information sent from the tyre pressure sensors. Is there a receiver somewhere near each wheel well, or are all tyre pressures received in one central part of the Jeep?

Any clues please?

Each sensor is built into the valve stem including the spare. There is a module, most manufactures call it a TPMS that wirelessly receives input from the sensors. The batteries fail in the sensors and that is usually the cause of improper reading. Or if they were damaged during a recent tire change, that is common as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
yours shows the pressure for each individual tire?
on my 2010 it just tells me if I have a tire low and then have to guess which one

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
on my 2010 it just tells me if I have a tire low and then have to guess which one

The 2011 or 2012 or somewhere in there shows each individual tire now.

To the OP, they also may have to be relearned to their positions if you rotate tires. It will still show the old positions until relearned. I know the Chevys were that way from when I worked at the stealership.

Wizard

Tire******

Hahaha We have tyres here in Australia, whereas you guys in the U.S. have tires. LOL

Yes, I think in 2012 they updated to provide individual pressures. It's a good system when it's working, and has already saved me from running tyres flat a couple of times.

The 2011 or 2012 or somewhere in there shows each individual tire now.

To the OP, they also may have to be relearned to their positions if you rotate tires. It will still show the old positions until relearned. I know the Chevys were that way from when I worked at the stealership.

Yes, when I've rotated tyres before they have taken a few miles before resetting and relearning their new position.

Top Bottom