Windshield tint

FLKEYSJK

Today I decided to take off the brow strip and get the whole windshield tinted to 38%, I'm posting pictures because I was weary of tinting the whole thing and googling pictures didn't turn much up, I hope this helps anyone who can't quite decide. Haven't driven it at night yet so I'll let you know how it is. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450736510.033017.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450736540.901331.jpg

Grubbicon

Ive thought about doing that, but always worried that it would be too dark in the woods and couldnt see much.

thardy

Banned
On my old Dodge Ram, I had 5 on the back, 20 sides and 50 on windshield. Never had an issue. Took some getting used to at night but I liked it.

FLKEYSJK

Ive thought about doing that, but always worried that it would be too dark in the woods and couldnt see much.

During the day I've noticed no difference in my ability to see but it's almost dark out here so I'll see, the heat coming through the windshield is cut down a lot though.

werks

I ran a tinted front window for several years back when I was into imports (back in the 90's lol) and did not have any problems with visability at night. One thing to watch out for though is that I did notice that I seemed to have more problems with the front window fogging up for some reason during colder weather. Not sure if that will be an issue for you in FL but something to keep your eye out for. Either way though compliments, the tint looks good and love the paint color which I chose for my JKUR too :thumb:

jeeeep

Hooked
i thought tinting the front windshield was illegal in all states. here i can only tint down to the oem tint line or 5" from the top.
I'd like to tint the whole windshield but no place around me will do it

thardy

Banned
i thought tinting the front windshield was illegal in all states. here i can only tint down to the oem tint line or 5" from the top.

Oh it's not legal at all. If you go with 50%, it's somewhat hard to tell if you don't know, since there's no breaks in the tint.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had the windshield in my '04 SVT Cobra tinted to 70%. I couldn't tell a difference at night, but certainly helped on sunny days. Nothing legal about it. But when I lived in NY and PA neither was half the shit on my last jk.

FLKEYSJK

I ran a tinted front window for several years back when I was into imports (back in the 90's lol) and did not have any problems with visability at night. One thing to watch out for though is that I did notice that I seemed to have more problems with the front window fogging up for some reason during colder weather. Not sure if that will be an issue for you in FL but something to keep your eye out for. Either way though compliments, the tint looks good and love the paint color which I chose for my JKUR too :thumb:

Thanks! Love the sunset orange, don't see too many around me so it kinda stands out. I don't think I've seen the weather go below 50 here in the keys

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Tinting the whole windshield is illegal in almost all states. If it's a reputable shop they will tell you as much so you don't waste your money.

FLKEYSJK

Tinting the whole windshield is illegal in almost all states. If it's a reputable shop they will tell you as much so you don't waste your money.

Yeah, I get my tint done by a friend so if I have to peel it off it doesn't cost much to get it replaced also the cops down here are generally pretty cool so I'm not too worried about it

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah, I get my tint done by a friend so if I have to peel it off it doesn't cost much to get it replaced also the cops down here are generally pretty cool so I'm not too worried about it

Cops will more than likely not say anything it's inspections that you need to worry about

Jason12

I've had mine tinted with 35% on windshield and 20% on sides for about two years now with no problems and I work all over from Texas to Illinois. I did notice it fogging up more but other than that I love it

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
There's no point to doing the front windshield here in CO - you have to replace them so often from rock chips. I have a brow tint which I like, but sucks to have to get replaced every time.

Top Bottom