2007 Jeep Wrangler Center Console Lid Mod for hidden storage

So thought I'd start here... i searched the forum with no success so if this has been done somewhere feel free to let me know... But if you open your center console the lid has about a 2.5" indention that is nearly the full size of the lid. Has anyone done any modifications to this to create hidden storage IE for a pistol, wallet, or anything similar? If not I may try to play around and try to create one that runs off an RFID type card system if i can find a small enough lock mechanism and still be able to hold some items.

Josh27

I added this mesh netting I used from an old lumbar support thing I had. Took the side pieces off and just put a couple screws into the plastic underneath. It only really is good for holding Kleenex and pens because everything else just slides out of it haha. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450825840.901253.jpg

WarriorJeep

So thought I'd start here... i searched the forum with no success so if this has been done somewhere feel free to let me know... But if you open your center console the lid has about a 2.5" indention that is nearly the full size of the lid. Has anyone done any modifications to this to create hidden storage IE for a pistol, wallet, or anything similar? If not I may try to play around and try to create one that runs off an RFID type card system if i can find a small enough lock mechanism and still be able to hold some items.

Have not used it in this manner but if you do a search for "ovis 0031900" you will find a small and very reliable RFID lockset. I retrofitted one of my kitchen cabinets with this to serve as a less than obvious gun safe in my home. Its worked flawlessly for 2 years

Top Bottom