Squeaky suspension

Tylerself17

Hey guys, I'm sure there's already a thread created for this, I just couldn't find it.. Anyways, I've noticed a really annoying squeaking sound coming from what sounds like my suspension, I'm not really sure what it is, but I think it has something to do with a water crossing I did a few weeks ago out wheeling. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it!

Jern26

Don't know if it's the same issue, but that happened to me once. I just dipped my finger in a tube of grease and barely put some on all the soft bushings I could find (shocks, control arms, sway bar bushings on the frame, etc) took it for a good ride to smear it around and it fixed my squeaks anyways!

bonedaddy

Shit, I was just thinking about this this morning, going down the cobblestone streets here by work sometimes all my suspension does is squeak - I was going to post something about it...

WJCO

Meme King
If it occurs over bumps, you could have someone jump up and down on your bumpers to re-create the squeak while you try to isolate the location. Lithium spray can grease works well too and lasts a decent amount of time.

Angry Aussie

This usually always happens to me after a wheeling trip and it does get crazy annoying. Best thing to do is grab a grease gun hit everything suspension wise that uses grease. Anything with a zerk fitting. That should get rid of the noises. Always works for me.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Check your actual shock bushings and see how worn they are. My bushings are shot and you can move my shocks freely which is creating a squeak. Bushings are cheap is they are shot. Just personal experience. Might help out Good luck!

Jeepers46

I recently installed new sway bar links and they squeaked like crazy. Like everyone else has said a little grease and all is good.

Top Bottom