The New 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler May Come with 4 Different Top Options

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While a lot of this isn't new news, I Just read an article on AllPar that points out how the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler may come with 4 different top options. According to their sources, there may be a non-removable hard top, a removable hard top and soft top and last but not least, a combination hard/soft top. The non-removable top and combo top were something I had been hearing for a while now but if they really do keep the "removable" hard and soft tops as well, that will be great news.

Here is a new artist rendering of what the new JL may look like. Notice that the windshield no longer has hinges and how the front bumper is full width like what you see in Europe now.

allpar.jpg

You can see the article here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/12/2018-wrangler-closer-rendering-four-tops-30832

Would love to here what you all think of this news and new rendering of the JL. :yup:

Wethy

Id be happy with something like that it's definitely a compromise although the signals on the fender flares would make for interesting chopped flares ha ha and the non fold down windshield is okay in my books. I still hope they do make a 2dr version also

Nomadic Paladin

It is good to hear it may have a removable top. It's not a show stopper if the windshield does not fold down and the bumper and fenders, well those would get swapped out anyway. Better than I first thought.

LasVegasJK

The windshield.
While I will probably never fold mine down, the relative ease of changing the hinged frame as opposed to the non hinged frame is appealing.
In the event of a branch smacking windshield frame, or even gently rolling onto the side of Jeep-
Hinged= replaced in my garage with basic tools.
Non-hinged= taken to a body shop for costly repairs.
The top. A non removable top=Cherokee.

Last edited:
Nothing about that rendering is appealing to me. From the fugly "Euro" bumper to the stamped doors to the hideous color- I can't get behind that rendition of jeep.

I can, however, see myself in one like this:

image.jpeg

JeepFan

Hooked
It's a little sad to see Jeep moving away from the traditional style of the front end but for the most part I like it. What I don't like is the turn signals located in the fender and the slope in the grill. At least they didn't design it with square head lights. Lol

GraniteCrystal

Seems like a classic case of "we have to find something to change because it's a new design". Unfortunately, don't think this is headed in the right direction.

JeepJeep75

I hope they don't insist that it come standard with 20 inch wheels. Not sure why they want to turn it into a mall-crawler....

JAGS

Hooked
That rendering is a bit hideous. Hopefully the jeep isn't stamped/embossed like that. As for the tops, that's actually kind of cool. Though options usually mean more costs too.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I think people are being a little harsh on this. You have to figure that the aftermarket will make a replacement for anything they believe the public doesn't like. So once you start imagining it with a lift, new bumpers and fenders and bigger tires there are just enough details left so you can tell it's the new model. Plus the Bestop Trektop Hybrid soft top will likely be a factory option and I'd spring for that.

Are you just referring to the appearance? If it gets a lighter partial aluminum frame and a diesel, that's the stuff I'd upgrade for.

That's a good point.

However, it's hard to get past ugly to get to the good stuff. As the saying goes, you eat with your eyes first.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
If the fat girl gets new teeth and new set of tits, it's still the same fat girl in bed. She's didn't learn any new tricks with that slight appearance change.

If I'm buying, I want a new look, different size, a different driving experience. That's what I love about jeeps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom