Recommendations on a Warn Winch

Nomadic Paladin

Hello,

I have a 2012 2DR JK Rubicon, I am looking to get a Warn Winch and honestly have very limited experience with winches . I will be putting a 4" EVO DD lift and PSC BFH front and rear bumpers on my rig in the near future. I am trying to buy things once and replace them as need be. Does anyone have any recommendations on what winch I should be considering to get?

Thanks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Have you tried searching yet? There are a lot of threads on this already and not knowing anything about where you live or the wheeling you do, nobody can give you an answer.

barh

winch

I have a 9.5 ti warn & love it, very fast line speed. also have a friend with a zeon 10 that works extremely well, I just like the look of mine better. Good luck with whatever you choose, can't go wrong with warn.

mastrcruse

I have the zeon 12 and will be converting it to synthetic. The zeon has a little trouble fitting on some bumpers. I love it!

GraniteCrystal

I haven't used mine yet, so I'll keep my novice advice to a minimum. I found a brand new Warn Zeon 10-S with remote control on Craigslist for $850. Don't get scammed, but there are some great deals on CL.

zx6r

I have the zeon 8s and have used it many times. Would have went with the 10s but zero no longer was selling themy at the time I made my purchase. But I can say that the 8s has not let me down. More than enough muscle for any problem I will get into.

I rock the warn power plant. Have not use the wench part yet but I do use the compressor often and love it. Has 1/2 gallon tank and only runs when it needs to. I use it to air my 37" nittos

uberc4

I rock the warn power plant. Have not use the wench part yet but I do use the compressor often and love it. Has 1/2 gallon tank and only runs when it needs to. I use it to air my 37" nittos

Do you run Air Lockers too? Trying to decide if I want a powerplant for the tires and a separate compressor for lockers, or Zeon 10s with arb twin (to do tires and lockers, if it can function that way?)

JeepJeep75

Do you run Air Lockers too? Trying to decide if I want a powerplant for the tires and a separate compressor for lockers, or Zeon 10s with arb twin (to do tires and lockers, if it can function that way?)

I run a Warn Powerplant also. It's a killer winch, and a killer compressor. But, if your gonna use the Powerplant to run lockers, it will cycle on and off. Now, if your using it in its winching mode the compressor part just blows air out. But, if you have the air line hooked up to a locker, it will stop when it reaches its max pressure. Not good if you need to be locked AND winch at the same time. Just FYI...

I run a Warn Powerplant also. It's a killer winch, and a killer compressor. But, if your gonna use the Powerplant to run lockers, it will cycle on and off. Now, if your using it in its winching mode the compressor part just blows air out. But, if you have the air line hooked up to a locker, it will stop when it reaches its max pressure. Not good if you need to be locked AND winch at the same time. Just FYI...

Agreed if running air lockers go with a wench and the arb total cost for both will be about the same as the power plant

jorgelrod

Hooked

Not really, you would have to have your winch cable connected all the time. I run a smaller TJM compressor designed for two lockers inside my cab...

All other air duties, tires, power tools, I run off my Power Plant

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
To run the Powerplant for air lockers, you would have to plumb in another air tank and run the lockers off of that. The air output on the Powerplant needs to be open (no air line hooked to it) or it will just build pressure, shut off, and then the winch won't work until you relieve the pressure.

SilverBack

I have the zeon 12 and will be converting it to synthetic. The zeon has a little trouble fitting on some bumpers. I love it!

This ^^^^. I have a ZEON 10S and love it! You need to ensure it will fit your application though. I also run a separate ARB compressor for tires.

uberc4

I apologize for the confusion. I was curious to know if the ARB twin compressor could run both the lockers and the ability to fill up the tires (not at the same time) and use a winch like the zeon-10s? I have seen people run the powerplant + separate compressor for lockers. Too many options! :doh:

Coop

Caught the Bug
I run a 9.5 cti S and it has pulled me out of some nasty situations. Love it! I have electric locker on the front dif.

SilverBack

I apologize for the confusion. I was curious to know if the ARB twin compressor could run both the lockers and the ability to fill up the tires (not at the same time) and use a winch like the zeon-10s? I have seen people run the powerplant + separate compressor for lockers. Too many options! :doh:

You won't need to fill your tires and hold your lockers at the same time.

2011jk

I run a 9.5 cti S and it has pulled me out of some nasty situations. Love it! I have electric locker on the front dif.

Same here IMO best Warn for a JK.

ARB's just get a small ARB compressor and stick it behind the rear right side tail light.

Tires or tools get a CO2 tank.

Top Bottom