Wave from Hilton Head Island, SC

truck6alpha

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas. I just got a stock 2014 Wrangler a few months ago and am in the process of adding to it a bit at a time. In high school (1979 through 1982) I had a Jeep Honcho pick-up with not a lot of customization (added wheels/tires, roll bar, lighting), but she was a pretty substantial unit. Went with a series of 4x4 over the years (Nissan p/u, Isuzu Trooper) but decided I wanted to be back in the Jeep Life again. So here I am...
Facebook-20151207-075341.jpg

So far we have added the Rubicon 17x7.5 all the way around for the time being, just to give her some grip. Added a black grill with inserts, fixed up the inside with some neoprene seats and oh-shit handles, and put Smittybilt rub rails on her. Recently I added a Gibson performance exhaust, threw some 2-inch spacers on (to give her some room for later, when I intend to go up with some lift and a new set of shoes).
Facebook-20151207-075156.jpg

I ordered front and rear bumpers and received the winch I ordered yesterday, so I hope to put all that on over the next week or so. I'll add the pics when I do. Ultimately I'm going to lift her about 4 inches, add some bigger tires, and put a cold air breather on her. Maybe throw some sort of overhead rack on it so I can carry the ol' kayak. So I'm looking for some places to get dirty, and I appreciate you all having me here!

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Charleston! 4" is a pretty stout lift. You can get 35s in there with just flat fenders. Good luck with the build.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife from Columbia. We've been to Hilton Head Island quite a few times, nice place to visit! I'd have to agree with above, 4" of lift on a JK is massive. What size tires are you planning to go with? If I could offer some advice, it would be do some research and ask a lot of questions. If you check out my build thread in my signature you will see me running 33s with no lift and 35s with a JKS 2" lift. On my 2 door JK I ran 33s with just a budget boost and it worked great. The higher you go, the worse your center of gravity will be, so it's best to go with as little of lift as needed while still remaining fully functional. Good luck with your build, I look forward to seeing it!

Top Bottom