A soldier and his Jeep...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I have no clue, but we have plenty of servicemen on here that Im sure will chime in. I don't like to talk politics but it sickens me to see the government waste so much money on so many worthless people and programs while we have homeless vets and a sh!tty VA system. The fact that we even have charities like wounded warriors and the independence fund is a national embarrassment.

WarriorJeep

How long do you have to serve to get a retirement of some kind?

Active duty 20 years, but alot of us get nothing even after 17 years. Takes alot of effort to fight with the VA to get any compensation... but its not really that simple either.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Active duty 20 years, but alot of us get nothing even after 17 years. Takes alot of effort to fight with the VA to get any compensation... but its not really that simple either.

The key is making sure everything is documented in your medical records. A lot of people wait until their last few years. That remarry works out. If you have your issues documented as they happen it shows a long standing pattern of that issue. Still not easy, but is helps smooth things out with the VA a lot.

Pyro1415

Depends on when you get out. Recently and sometimes in the past as draw backs happen retirement can be received at 15 years. Usually though 20 is the normal and guaranteed point. Although, 17 years is rare and usually means they did something wrong, but I wouldn't hold that against someone since it could also have been a family situation or God only knows. I would say let me see your dd214 before giving aid to someone claiming to be a vet.

Top Bottom