Powder coat or Paint sliders

rogerk93

Get it powder coated. It is more durable than paint but when you use them it won't matter because they still are going to get messed up. You just can spray some bed liner on it or paint and call it a day.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Get it powder coated. It is more durable than paint but when you use them it won't matter because they still are going to get messed up. You just can spray some bed liner on it or paint and call it a day.

So if you have to touch up the powder coat with paint why not just paint them in the first place?

OP, don't waste your money on powder coat. Just paint them.

JAGS

Hooked
Spray paint them pink. VKS is a bunch of thief pussy fabricators. Not only did they steal a majority of EVOs designs, they are now using same product names.

Sorry OP, no offense to you, and you likely had no idea. Return those prerunners and get some solid EVO sliders. [emoji6][emoji106]

uberc4

Paint will be easier to touch up in the mall parking lots. Since we are all mall crawlers :thumb:

Powdercoat.

Just kidding, paint just like all have said. Its gonna have to be touched up. Alot. Might as well paint.

WJCO

Meme King
The guy that built mine used Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating. I just had to touch them up in a couple spots last week. Matched perfectly, and the texture keeps it looking nice. DSC02575.jpg

Tree Frog

X2 on the Rustoleum bedliner.
Really glad I went this route as I seem to find every tree anyplace near me.
Had to respray the sliders 3 times now.
Holds up great, easy to clean. About 8 bucks a can.

KingCopperhead

Rustoleum hammered black paint. Goes on nice and even and has a great finish, just spray it and touch it up as needed. I use it on my entire undercarriage and sliders.

crowrb29

Paint them. If you use them as intended they are gonna get the shit knocked out of them and you're gonna regret spending all that money on powder coating.

Buster3479

Paint them if you're going to wheel them.

I just painted my EVO weld on sliders with Duplicolor truck bed liner, and honestly I hated it! I'm not particularly fond of the truck bed liner look, and the Dupli has even more texture, and sprays out of the can with more sputtering and inconsistently than any product I've ever used. After letting 3 coats mostly dry, I had to get it off of my new sliders.

I stripped them back down to bare metal with scotch-brite and acetone, and re-primed them. They'll be getting Rusto flat black x3 coats when I get home. Good finish, easy to touch up, and durable.

Hutch64

Paint is always better for quick and easy but they make paint products like the powder coating that hold pretty good

Top Bottom