Coilover travel question...

ocjku

I was curious why other long travel non coil over kits replace all 8 arms, when the coil over kit form EVO only requires the replacement of front lower control arms? The Rebel kit doesn't even mention replacing any arms.... Whats the point of having all the travel if your driveshaft is angled poorly, and you are trying to flex the crap out of those crappy Jeep clevite bushings? Seems like a lot of money to spend just to look fancy with low performance....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was curious why other long travel non coil over kits replace all 8 arms, when the coil over kit form EVO only requires the replacement of front lower control arms? The Rebel kit doesn't even mention replacing any arms.... Whats the point of having all the travel if your driveshaft is angled poorly, and you are trying to flex the crap out of those crappy Jeep clevite bushings? Seems like a lot of money to spend just to look fancy with low performance....

LOL!! Sounds more like a rant than some kind of innocent "curiosity". Why not just get what you have convinced yourself that you really need and call it a day. It is afterall your money and your Jeep :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Why not just cut off the coil perches and install leafs? Or torsion bars? Just curious.

ocjku

LOL!! Sounds more like a rant than some kind of innocent "curiosity". Why not just get what you have convinced yourself that you really need and call it a day. It is afterall your money and your Jeep :yup:

I have for this build. I tried out the Metalcloak game changer with 6 packs. Performance has been pretty good. I had to replace a couple shocks because they were leaking. They sent me new ones at no charge even after the 1 year mark which was pretty cool. I am really impressed with the arms!

The only thing I don't really like if the rear feels a little poppy in the whoops. Realistically I need to mod the exhaust. Even with the sway bar connected and a aftermarket drive shaft it rubs sometimes.

I don't want to start a coilover battle, that's not the intent. My question was in regards to arms tho.... Why are they not recommended with all that flex?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451277223.126049.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have for this build. I tried out the Metalcloak game changer with 6 packs. Performance has been pretty good. I had to replace a couple shocks because they were leaking. They sent me new ones at no charge even after the 1 year mark which was pretty cool. I am really impressed with the arms!

The only thing I don't really like if the rear feels a little poppy in the whoops. Realistically I need to mod the exhaust. Even with the sway bar connected and a aftermarket drive shaft it rubs sometimes.

I don't want to start a coilover battle, that's not the intent. My question was in regards to arms tho.... Why are they not recommended with all that flex?

View attachment 179781

Funny, I don't recall asking about your build and yet, here you are to tell me about it as if I give a shit. So that it isn't missed, I don't.

BTW, love the way you're hanging a tire. You're such a badass.

ocjku

Funny, I don't recall asking about your build and yet, here you are to tell me about it as if I give a shit. So that it isn't missed, I don't.

BTW, love the way you're hanging a tire. You're such a badass.

Dont understand where the hostility comes from? I would think a leader of a website/brand wouldn't be lashing out at members for asking a legitimate question on a Jeep Forum. Thanks for the positive feedback. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dont understand where the hostility comes from? I would think a leader of a website/brand wouldn't be lashing out at members for asking a legitimate question on a Jeep Forum. Thanks for the positive feedback. :thumb:

:thinking: Funny, I don't know what "hostility" you might be referring to. As far your so called "legitimate question" goes, I do believe I gave you a "legitimate answer". Just because you didn't like what I have to say doesn't mean I was "lashing out" at anyone. Thanks for the positive feedback though :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Troll......

JAGS

Hooked
Im on my phone, but any chance these latest trolls just signed up for the recent progrip contest. Time to thin the herd. Lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom