Lift Kit Advice

Smoot_JK

I'm looking for the best lift kit (in your opinion) to fit a 37-38" tire and still be comfortable enough ride for a daily driver. I was leaning toward the RK X-factor lift, but have since heard some not so great things about the kit. Budget for the lift is anywhere from $2k-4k with shocks. I am located on Guam so i am limited to the type of terrain my Jeep will see for the next couple of years. To recap, i am looking for a lift kit best suited for 37-38" tires, comfortable for a DD and can handle the Guam terrain (Mud, small hill/ledges).

uberc4

Stick with 37s as they are easier to find. 38s is a odd size. As for the lift, look into the Evo Enforcer or bolt on coilovers too. A lot of people have been happy extremely with either setup. Both kits have stages that fall around your price point. :thumb:

Clark Collins

I trimmed my stock fenders and installed the EVO enforcer 3" lift. I'm only running 35" tires, but there is plenty of room for 37s. I installed Rancho 7000 shocks and am happy with the ride. I didn't get the drag link flip kit (that is optional) and don't think it is necessary with the 3" lift.

Being that you are in Guam I suspect that you might be military. If so, don't forget to ask for the military discount that is offered by many 4x4 retailers. I got the discount on everything I ordered except the drive shaft.

Copperhead83

Take a look into Metalcloaks 3.5" game changer lift, their dura flex joints and 6 pack shocks are outstanding, it took me a long time to decide which lift to get for the best all around performance and I decided on that one. They do a lot of R&D and what and why they do it makes a lot of sense. I agree with the other guys on the 37" tires, a good friend of mine runs 37's on his jk with a 4" lift and its massive, if you don't know already you are going to have to do a lot of modifications to your jeep to get it to hold up and run properly with 37's including a new steering pump / system like PSE and that alone is $ 2200, my buddy's went out about 2 months after having 37's, do your research man. But all of this stuff is my opinion !!!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Take a look into Metalcloaks 3.5" game changer lift, their dura flex joints and 6 pack shocks are outstanding, it took me a long time to decide which lift to get for the best all around performance and I decided on that one. They do a lot of R&D and what and why they do it makes a lot of sense. I agree with the other guys on the 37" tires, a good friend of mine runs 37's on his jk with a 4" lift and its massive, if you don't know already you are going to have to do a lot of modifications to your jeep to get it to hold up and run properly with 37's including a new steering pump / system like PSE and that alone is $ 2200, my buddy's went out about 2 months after having 37's, do your research man. But all of this stuff is my opinion !!!!!

Lol welcome to Wayalife.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451363127.787436.jpg

Benito

Caught the Bug

Da fuqs going on here

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

1451363538525.jpg

Smoot_JK

Seems like the enforcer kit is a popular choice on this forum and i am leaning toward that one, but what makes it better than the RK X-Factor Stage 2 lift or the MC game changer with 6 pack shocks? I'm new to Jeeps so i don't know too much about their lift kits.

jkwebbie

Da fuq? I have 37s and when mine and don't need a new steering pump or shit like that. Yea it would make it easier to turn in the rocks but it's not necessary. Maybe you should stop with the internet for awhile

Jackal01

take a look into metalcloaks 3.5" game changer lift, their dura flex joints and 6 pack shocks are outstanding, it took me a long time to decide which lift to get for the best all around performance and i decided on that one. They do a lot of r&d and what and why they do it makes a lot of sense. I agree with the other guys on the 37" tires, a good friend of mine runs 37's on his jk with a 4" lift and its massive, if you don't know already you are going to have to do a lot of modifications to your jeep to get it to hold up and run properly with 37's including a new steering pump / system like pse and that alone is $ 2200, my buddy's went out about 2 months after having 37's, do your research man. But all of this stuff is my opinion !!!!!

lol...........

Ddays

Hooked
Seems like the enforcer kit is a popular choice on this forum and i am leaning toward that one, but what makes it better than the RK X-Factor Stage 2 lift or the MC game changer with 6 pack shocks? I'm new to Jeeps so i don't know too much about their lift kits.

One of the issues with the RK kit is that it moves your rear axle back an inch and centers the wheel in the opening. This ends up causing further modifications, like having to move the mounts for the sway bar back an inch and having your rear springs look like slinky's. I had reasons for going this route but if I could hit rewind all the way back to zero, I'd go with the EVO kit. I have not heard of one single bitch or gripe about that kit.

NV375

I have one gripe about the Enforcer W/King 2.5 shocks. Since it rides and handles so well I sometimes find myself driving too fast in the desert and not enjoying the scenery.

Last edited:
I have one gripe about the Enforcer W/King 2.5 shocks. Since it rides and handles so well I sometimes find myself driving too fast in the desert and not enjoying the scenery.
Thats funny, i wasnt sure what you could possibly be dissatisfied with lol

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

For the price of that over hyped lift kit, I'd rather go with evo bolt on coil overs.

Smoot_JK

I don't think i need coilovers for where i am located and the type of wheeling i would be doing. Which evo lift would you guys recommend instead?

Last edited:

NV375

I don't think i need coilovers for where i am located and the type of wheeling i would be doing. Which evo lift would you guys recommend instead?

Do you plan to cut your stock fenders?
If you are trimming your stock fenders to flat fenders I would say 3" EVO Enforcer with Rancho 9000 shocks.
I also like The J.E. Reel Front DS. You will need a front DS.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=evo-enforcer-kit

I would do the DL flip kit also. If you really want to splurge you could get the King 2.5 shocks like I did (not required). If you know you want EVO buy it from ORE and call before you order and discuss it first. They will help you tailor it to your needs. Other not absolutely required options I like are C gusset and pro steer ball joints.

Last edited:

NV375

You get what is needed and only what is needed no B.S. and the parts and support are top quality.

Smoot_JK

Do you plan to cut your stock fenders?
If you are trimming your stock fenders to flat fenders I would say 3" EVO Enforcer with Rancho 9000 shocks.
I also like The J.E. Reel Front DS. You will need a front DS.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=evo-enforcer-kit

I would do the DL flip kit also. If you really want to splurge you could get the King 2.5 shocks like I did (not required). If you know you want EVO buy it from ORE and call before you order and discuss it first. They will help you tailor it to your needs. Other not absolutely required options I like are C gusset and pro steer ball joints.

I'm going to run the MC overline fenders and i am getting a 1350 front DS.
Are you running this kit? If so, do you have pictures of your setup? I want to fit 37x13.50r18 on it.
I don't think i can order the kit straight from ORE since i'm stationed in Guam and don't think they ship directly here.

NV375

I'm going to run the MC overline fenders and i am getting a 1350 front DS.
Are you running this kit? If so, do you have pictures of your setup? I want to fit 37x13.50r18 on it.
I don't think i can order the kit straight from ORE since i'm stationed in Guam and don't think they ship directly here.
I have the 3" Enforcer with King 2.5s and DL flip.
I attached some pictures of my 2014 JKUR on 35s. I have had some things come up in 2015 so I have not been able to get my 37s yet. I believe ORE will ship anywhere but you have to phone order not website order and pay whatever shipping costs. They are the ones that can tell you for sure. One or two phone calls should be cheaper than one part that is not correct for your setup. I like running 17" rims seems way more tire choices and tires for 17s seem about $100 ea cheaper than for 18s. Run what you like and have fun. What I think is best for me may not be what is best for you. Dave

Attachments

• 1451657195210.jpg
    1451657195210.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 1451657246322.jpg
    1451657246322.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 120
Top Bottom